PDA

View Full Version : NA1 new discs/calipers

eclipse1501
15-08-2008, 07:48 PM
I want to upgrade my 1991 NSX front and rear brakes (discs + calipers the lot) but without spending the absolute earth. I like the look of drilled or slotted discs with some red calipers to match the car. Anyone got any recommendations (ive got 17/18 inch rims on). Ive used Dali before but don't really mind where I buy from. Thanks for any help.

goldnsx
15-08-2008, 08:47 PM
Are you intending to go to the 97+ brakes? Very wise decision. You can either buy the bigger OEM calipers (spending the absolute earth) or go with Racing brake adapters and your existing calipers (cheaper). (BTW I've a set of Racing brake adapter for sale).

eclipse1501
16-08-2008, 12:23 PM
Are you intending to go to the 97+ brakes? Very wise decision. You can either buy the bigger OEM calipers (spending the absolute earth) or go with Racing brake adapters and your existing calipers (cheaper). (BTW I've a set of Racing brake adapter for sale).

Im totally clueless on this option, hence the question, but the idea of changing the calipers seems sense as I wouldn't fancy a seized old caliper eventually wrecking my new discs (my cars a 1991). It may just end up with an email to Dali and see what turns up in the mail.What do your adaptors actually adapt if you don't mind me asking?

NSXGB
18-08-2008, 10:23 AM
The Racing Brake kit will space your pre 97 caliper out so that you can use the bigger 97+ brake discs with your existing caliper.

While you have the brakes apart, why not refresh the seals in your caliper for peace of mind?

I have the RB kit and would recommend it, piece of cake to fit.

You can buy the RB kits from Dali, SOS or direct from Racing Brake.

bazza
18-08-2008, 11:00 AM
NA2-R rotors + calipers aren't the earth..

http://www.vtecdirect.com/online/item--NA2-NSX-R-front-calipers-and-discs--HOEM-NA2-BR001.html

Pads - there are dozens to choose from including OEM Type R, Project Mu, Endless, Dixcel etc.

Ferris Bueller
18-08-2008, 11:10 AM
NA2-R rotors + calipers aren't the earth..

http://www.vtecdirect.com/online/item--NA2-NSX-R-front-calipers-and-discs--HOEM-NA2-BR001.html

Bargain - HUK dealer price is nigh on £700 for front discs.

goldnsx
18-08-2008, 04:57 PM
I've mounted the RB adapters in the rear (as it is very hard to buy 97+ calipers) but the front is for sale. The adapters look like the OEM ones but they're about 1 cm bigger to fit the 97+ discs.

That's how they look like, see pic. The install is very easy, you just change the new adapter to the old one, finished. pm me for price (much less than new calipers).