PDA

View Full Version : GT Extreme Exhaust

markdas
25-08-2008, 02:42 AM
Just to update progress on my GT Extreme Exhaust (Muffler as they call it on Prime)....I bought one through a guy in the states, Ravi at Umbrella Designs....shipped from Japan about 2 weeks ago. Friendly customs boys managed to delay things by 2 weeks, but it has arrived and its a bloody work of art to look at!

I have added a couple of stock pictures (not mine) but intend to update this in about 10 days with a brief installation, pictures of the installed exhaust and hopefully some glorious sound clips too!!!

Can't wait!!!

Mark

AR
25-08-2008, 06:05 AM
Mark, whilst I don't doubt that it will sound nice, I can't help thinking that all that piping must cause a restriction somewhere.

Cheers,

Ary

markdas
25-08-2008, 08:08 AM
I know what you mean, it does look a little bit spaghettiesk! I think one feature of this exhaust is the variable flow of exhaust gasses you divert to the silencers. You can just see a removable section in the centre, you basically decide what orrifice plate to put in here, you can block it off altogether. This forces all the flwo through the back boxes, or you can have it full bypass basically. I think the advantage of the NSX or any mid engine set up is the relatively short length of exhaust pipe anyway......I certainly dont think this is any more or less restrictive than an OEM one and I am not chasing big power.

Mark

eclipse1501
25-08-2008, 11:11 AM
There's a GT Extreme tested on YouTube, http://www.youtube.com/user/V6NSX
click favourites, then middle row (left) film is GT system. Also some various other systems in a montage top right page "sound test".
You enquired about the headers I have for sale...did you finally get some? Paul

markdas
25-08-2008, 12:25 PM
Hi Paul,

Thanks for the link, I think I have seen every clip available and got some additional stuff from Ravi also....

I haven't even thought about the headers mate, sorry....been flat out with time and spending with our rally car project.....my wife drives and I am navigator in our Pug 106 challenge spec car, done a couple of tarmac events and have 2 forest events coming up in September.....

I will go back to the PM's and re-read them rather than ask about the all over again on here!

Cheers

Mark