PDA

View Full Version : Wiring problem?

Baz
27-08-2008, 08:07 AM
Hi All,

Hope there is someone out there who can throw some light on the only problem I currently have with my 2003 model. When playing a CD (6 change unit in boot) I'm only getting sound from the offside speakers, although if I drive over some rough road I sometimes get a spark of life from the nearside ones. If I switch to the radio there is no problem at all. I assume there is a loose or dry joint in the speaker wiring somewhere. Any ideas? Anyone had a similar problem?

Cheers,

Baz

simonprelude
27-08-2008, 09:14 AM
Sounds more like a problem with the cable from the CD player to me ??

Sudesh
27-08-2008, 10:16 AM
You could take a look at the cable yourself if your anyway DIY minded.

The cable in the NSX runs in 2 parts, there is one cable that plugs into the CD player socket in the boot, and then travels inside the boot up to the left corner and plugs into a socket there. Its quite easy to strip back the boot lining to check both sockets and if you liked you could check the wiring to make sure it's not damaged anywhere.

The second cable runs from that left corner thought the boot into the engine bay and pops out inside the cabin on the passenger side inside the bulk head, it then runs inside the car and comes out just behind the radio where it obviously plugs in.
There is 2 ways you can check this cable. You can either remove the centre console and take out the stereo which is the hard way or, you can strip back part of the drivers "side" carpet and when I say "side" carpet I'm referring to the small bit of carpet that is basically on the side wall of the centre tunnel, just below the dash and where the floor heater vent is, removing this slight back would give you access and you can look up behind the stereo to check your connection from there.

Hope that helps and not to confusing!

NSXGB
27-08-2008, 10:43 AM
....not the speaker amp in the door?....Common problem....mine had similar symptoms when it went.

simonprelude
27-08-2008, 01:05 PM
Radio was fine CD wasn't ??

....not the speaker amp in the door?....Common problem....mine had similar symptoms when it went.

NSXGB
27-08-2008, 03:22 PM
Radio was fine CD wasn't ??

....I'll get my coat.....

Is it the OEM changer or aftermarket?

Lankstarr
27-08-2008, 04:32 PM
Is is possible you;ve just got your wires crossed?:shocked:

Check the connectors to the cd player for corrosion on the terminal. If you see any then get in there with your nail file (everyone has a nail file don't they?)

L*

Baz
27-08-2008, 05:02 PM
Thanks for all the advice chaps. When I get a second I'll investigate the connections and let you know how I get on.

Regards,

Baz