PDA

View Full Version : Auto/Manual Steering rack

sharkey
30-08-2008, 01:21 PM
Many of you may know that Amo purchased Simon's 91 car for spare parts. I recently posted a thread requesting for a steering rack for my 93 auto. Amo came back to me to say he has one from Simon's old car but it is a manual. Can anyone tel me whether or not it would fit my car?

Oh, and by the way, has anyone got a spare auto box for sale?

Steve.

AR
30-08-2008, 01:29 PM
As far as I am aware the Auto has power steering and the manual one does not. However Simon's car was an Auto so in theory it should fit.

Why don't you make your Auto a manual???

Cheers,

Ary

sharkey
30-08-2008, 02:12 PM
Recently exported the car to Australia. It failed the stringent Ozy entrance pit test (which I new it would for the gearbox) but I didn't have a clue about a problem with the steering rack.

To cut a long story short. It's cost me 6k to get it here. Plus another 6k if I have to buy a new box. Therefore, I dont really want to be spending any more than I really have to.

So going back to the original question of: Will Simon's (now Amo's) steering rack fit my car? Pinching from the old rhyme - Simon said.... Does anyone know how I can contact Simon?

Thank you ARR for the pointer!

Steve

AR
30-08-2008, 03:02 PM
Mate Si's/Amo's rack should be fine as the car was an auto.

As for the box, contact Barry from VTEC direct ( say Ary sent you ) as he has many contacts in Japan where the auto to manual conversion is popular.

Hope that helps,

Ary

amo
30-08-2008, 05:46 PM
yes thats right it was a auto and simon had a manual box put in

so in theory should fit me thinks not that i just want to sell it lol

thx amo