PDA

View Full Version : ABS and TCS light

million miles
08-09-2008, 04:34 PM
Hi,

This morning the ABS and TCS lights illuminated after about twenty yards of driving,same coming home tonight in all other aspects the car is fine. the car has been in my garage for about two weeks without being started.

any views/ideas welcome

many thanks

britlude
08-09-2008, 05:50 PM
you'll have to find the blue connector in the passenger footwell, short the 2 terminals together to get the fault code... it could be something has given-up-the-ghost, or something trivial like a half flat tyre.....

simonprelude
08-09-2008, 05:51 PM
Check tyre pressures and brake light bulbs first ;)

duncan
09-09-2008, 07:13 PM
Do the checks......THEN.....pull the respective fuses or disconnect the battery to clear the memories....no re-occuring lights=no problems.....if the lights come on=problem....re-read the fault codes. Whatever the problem may have been, it is, and the fault codes will show the problem. The factory manual, down-loadable from nsxprime.com will list the code and a number of likely problems and their solutions, in decreasing order of probability.

Papalazarou
10-09-2008, 07:02 AM
It might be a front nearside wheel sensor. Could be wrong though.

Cheers,

James.

britlude
10-09-2008, 02:49 PM
depends what the fault code is!!! count the flashes on the dash once the connector has been shorted, and let us know!!!! We can go from there!

million miles
13-09-2008, 11:20 AM
sorry for slow reply but i have been away, I will go and check tyre pressures, sorry to be a dimbo but where is the fault display?

thanks to all who have helped so far

britlude
13-09-2008, 12:44 PM
have a look in the service manual..... http://www.daliracing.com/v666-5/info/acura-nsx-service_manual_91/10_brakes.pdf

ABS section, go to page 19-44, (page 44 on the pdf file) this gives the ABS flashing lamp code meanings!

TCS section starts page 19-82, (page 82 on the PDF) explains the TCS flashes!

the ALB 2 fuse is in the fusebox under the bonnet, along with the clock fuse. the service connector, which you short out with a bit of bare wire is behind the passenger footwell carpet at the front, it's BLUE with 2 wires going to it.

short the connector, get a pen and paper, and turn the ignition on. any fault codes the car has remembered will be displayed as flashing lights on the dash as long flashs and short flashs..... be warned, your dash may light up like a christmas tree as it remembers all faults since the last reset!!!

eclipse1501
04-06-2010, 11:10 AM
Ive got TCS ABS and Handbrake / Tailgate Lights all lit up - so on my way down the the garage now to investigate. Last time I think it was a brake light bulb.