PDA

View Full Version : Steering Wheels - Alternative to OEM

W2NSX
09-09-2008, 07:57 PM
I am seriously looking at changing the oem wheel. I would like to try a 350 or 320 diameter wheel, just to quicken up the steering a bit. I want to be able to revert back to oem and retain the cruise control facility. I am not too fussed about the airbag.

Has anybody done this using something like a Momo Tuner, if so could you advise on the parts that you used, boss, spacers, etc. Is it worth importing parts from the US or can the parts be obtained from a UK or european source.

Alternatively has anyone fitted the wheel from an integra or civic type R

Thanks

Sudesh
09-09-2008, 08:08 PM
I have the Momo Tuner steering wheel, same wheel as the NSX-R, I also purchased the OEM NSX-R Hub to install the wheel.

I found it a very simple install and YES you can always go back to your OEM wheel and Airbag.

Are you looking to retain Cruise with the new wheel?

TheQuietOne
09-09-2008, 08:09 PM
Hi,

Mark (bluensx) has fitted a Momo Tuner which I saw on Sunday. Just thinking out loud but he is selling the car and I would imagine putting the OEM wheel back on so might be worth a PM?

It looked great by the way - and was from Vtec Direct (see sellers section).

Hope you're enjoying it still! :)

Matt.

Lankstarr
15-09-2008, 10:43 AM
I love the CTR steering wheel and was wondering the other day whether it would fit.

I'd like to update to a smaller wheel but definitely want to retain the cruise control.

Interested to know whether the momo allows cruise retention. Do you only really need one button... the one that switches it on? Pedals switch it off and I'm not bothered about my acceleration whilst in cruise!

L*

Senninha
15-09-2008, 12:21 PM
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=110729

This thread on Prime will give you a good idea of whats available. Erick (evo575) in the thread supplies many and can pre-install the cruise buttons and all his options can be returned to OEM at a later date.

The other wheel I think might fit and has cruise buttons is the S2k wheel. Its a great wheel, retains the airbag and still has the OEM benefit. Just need to find out if it fits. There will planty available due to the number of S2k's that dont make it through the winter year on year.

HTH, and please let us know what you decide to do

regards, Paul

simonprelude
15-09-2008, 12:30 PM
UK S2000's don't have cruise :(

AR
15-09-2008, 03:51 PM
Here is one of how the MOMO tuner wheel looks on my car with OEM NSX-R Ring and horn button, mounted via a rare Taita billet Hub:

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m171/AR94NSX-R/PICT0515.jpg

It all looks different now as all the red bits are gone from the car.

Soon to be replaced with something more sporty.

Cheers,

AR

JQD84983
15-09-2008, 05:21 PM
Here is one of how the MOMO tuner wheel looks on my car with OEM NSX-R Ring and horn button, mounted via a rare Taita billet Hub:

It all looks different now as all the red bits are gone from the car.

Soon to be replaced with something more sporty.

Cheers,

AR

Hey I like the Red/Black interior was that how it came from the factory or something you did as an upgrade? Did you replace the panels with all black.

Just curious?

Thanks

mutley
15-09-2008, 07:37 PM
I was thinking about fitting this one to mine.

Jim

Sudesh
15-09-2008, 07:44 PM
There is also this one, I posted about some wheel ideas here:

http://nsxcb.co.uk/testvb/showthread.php?t=4489&highlight=steering+wheel

http://www.robson-design.com/english/honda/int/HondaNSXSteeringWheel.jpg

mutley
15-09-2008, 07:47 PM
Yeah I like that one a lot Sudesh, OEM and CF, would go nice with the other CF interior bits I have.

Jim

TheSebringOne
15-09-2008, 08:24 PM
Ditto! I like it too Sudesh, can you buy it as it shown or someone has to modify a OEM wheel?

Jim, each to their own, i'm not sure of the triangle centre tho & the chrome/alloy around it?

Sudesh
15-09-2008, 08:36 PM
Yeah I like the wheel myself and was going to go with this option before I went the MOMO route.

From memory you can buy the wheel as shown, or if you send your own wheel they discount the price on an exchange basis. The wheel looks well but I would go for black stitching or red as the white is a bit much for me.

Link to the company: http://www.robson-design.com/english/honda.htm

TheSebringOne
15-09-2008, 08:43 PM
Thanks for the website! They have some other nice CF bits, but not sure of the exact quality or as Paul would say its all in the weave ! :D

jaytip
15-09-2008, 11:23 PM
Hey I like the Red/Black interior was that how it came from the factory or something you did as an upgrade? Did you replace the panels with all black.

Just curious?

Thanks
It is aftermarket John.Honda didn't mix up any colours in the car unless they are type-S/type-R

mutley
16-09-2008, 08:57 AM
Jim, each to their own, i'm not sure of the triangle centre tho & the chrome/alloy around it?

I know what you mean, it is a little sparkly, I was thinking of turning those bits into CF. As for the shape I thought it might be easier to modify so that the cruise control can be fitted to it, just a little project for me to work on.

Jim