PDA

View Full Version : republic of ireland members

Sky_Racer
20-09-2008, 10:16 PM
would we b so priveledged!!!
is there any one who is an owner in IRELAND???:)

kieran
skyline owner 533 bHP:)

Silver Surfer
21-09-2008, 07:14 AM
Yes, I think at least 2 of the members here are located there.

SS

Sudesh
21-09-2008, 09:23 AM
I think there is from memory, around 6/7 NSX's in Southern Ireland that I know off and about 5 in the North I know. Not sure how many are members here.

Mic
21-09-2008, 04:02 PM
I work with Icetronix in Dublin. We have 2. One white 91' with custom widearch extension and a 3.2 engine and six speed gearbox from an 04' Nsx.
And also an incredible red Nsx with a 04' shape Nsx front end conversion and NSX-R wheels.

SILVER BULLET
21-09-2008, 06:28 PM
I work with Icetronix in Dublin. We have 2. One white 91' with custom widearch extension and a 3.2 engine and six speed gearbox from an 04' Nsx.
And also an incredible red Nsx with a 04' shape Nsx front end conversion and NSX-R wheels.

Can you post any photos of these cars Mic:)

Ciaran
22-09-2008, 10:00 PM
oops, sorry I've been asleep.... ok so I was actually on a track day in Mondello on Friday, so thats why I didn't reply..

I'm in Wexford, 95 "T" with some small mods to brakes and wheels and upgraded anti roll bars from Mark in Dali..

Ciaran

simonprelude
23-09-2008, 06:36 AM
Can you post any photos of these cars Mic:)

Here's some early photo's of the red one.

http://www.icetronix.com/index.aspx?page=projectcars_view&category=icetronix&id=10

mutley
23-09-2008, 10:49 AM
As far as I'm aware there were only 2 or 3 NSX in NI a few years ago, and I was one of them!!.

Jim

Sudesh
23-09-2008, 03:17 PM
As far as I'm aware there were only 2 or 3 NSX in NI a few years ago, and I was one of them!!.

Jim

There are a few more than that! Although you really never see them. I know of 5 in the north and 2 are the facelifted NSX.

mutley
23-09-2008, 03:47 PM
There are a few more than that! Although you really never see them. I know of 5 in the north and 2 are the facelifted NSX.

The 2 facelift ones I knew of were the red one in Lisburn, and the blue one that was for sale and had been in Gumball 3000.
But that was well over a year ago now.

Jim

Sudesh
23-09-2008, 03:57 PM
Yeah the red one is still about Belfast or that direction somewhere, I havent seen the blue one in a while.
J&F group in Mullusk also had a facelifted red one a while back that was cat D repaired, it was N.I registered but I believe it went down south somewhere.
Then there is my car, a freind I know has a yellow one, I have seen a silver targa which I was told belonged to someone from portadown, Jamie who is a member here, has a red one and apart from that I dont know of any other ones in N.I.

mutley
23-09-2008, 04:00 PM
I never knew there were that many there!!!! Had I known that we could have had a mini meet.

Jim

Sudesh
23-09-2008, 04:09 PM
There was actually one or two more I used to know but unsure if they are still about?? Most of the guys I know that own an NSX here, dont really drive them that often, infact the gentleman with yellow lives about 20mins from my house and I have yet to pass him on the road!! lol
I was talking to him a few weeks ago and he said that his has only been driven 2 or 3 times this year.
But funny you mention a meet, I was actually thinking the same thing and was going to try and get in contact with the owners to see if we could put something together.
Would be even better if all the N.I NSX's and Southern NSX's got together and joined you guys for the big NSX meet next year!! That would be something else and would be an unusual site seeing all us traveling across the country onto the Ferry and then through England!! lol!!

Ciaran
23-09-2008, 07:06 PM
Count me in.... just make the target worthwhile.... maybe a nice track, some good wine, some dancing girls, the usual stuff......

TheSebringOne
23-09-2008, 09:25 PM
Was'nt the Gumball LBB involved in RTA recently? Sorry if I'm wrong!

Sudesh
23-09-2008, 09:35 PM
Was'nt the Gumball LBB involved in RTA recently? Sorry if I'm wrong!

Note really sure if thats the same car not? Pobably Mic of Icetronix would know that. The Gumball car had a private plate "UIJ 111" and according to a quick check, that number is now on a different car, so there is possibility.

mutley
24-09-2008, 02:49 PM
Would be even better if all the N.I NSX's and Southern NSX's got together and joined you guys for the big NSX meet next year!! That would be something else and would be an unusual site seeing all us traveling across the country onto the Ferry and then through England!! lol!!

Yeah well I was in NI when I attended Japfest '07, and as always it would be nice to keep upping the stakes at teh amount of NSX's we get there each year.

PS anyone been shafted, erm I mean volunteered to organise Japfest '09???

Jim

simonprelude
24-09-2008, 02:59 PM
PS anyone been shafted, erm I mean volunteered to organise Japfest '09???

Jim

Well volunteered Jim ;)

mutley
24-09-2008, 04:30 PM
Well volunteered Jim ;)

Oh bollocks!!! erm I don't suppose I can use the excuse that the 2009 events page isn't in use yet so erm can't do anything yet??

Jim

Mic
27-09-2008, 07:42 AM
Here's some early photo's of the red one.

http://www.icetronix.com/index.aspx?page=projectcars_view&category=icetronix&id=10
Thats actually early pictures of the white one actually, which got painted white. We dont have pics of the red one on the site just yet.

Note really sure if thats the same car not? Pobably Mic of Icetronix would know that. The Gumball car had a private plate "UIJ 111" and according to a quick check, that number is now on a different car, so there is possibility.
The car we have for breaking is most likely the same one, it has a diffrent number plate, but as mentioned the one it had at the gumball was most likely a private plate. It does have a belfast dealerships red plate.