PDA

View Full Version : Clutch Problem??

mr nsx
01-10-2008, 09:43 PM
My clutch is abit to high, its not slipping, revs dont shoot up, the power is still there... but im not sure why the clutch is so high!!!

Is this common???

Anyway of adjusting the clutch???

Cheers

Silver Surfer
01-10-2008, 09:59 PM
Welcome to the forum.

Mine the same....don't seem to have any probs! A lot of the ealier NSX's are like that I think........Or the clutch is wearing down. I been waiting for the clutch to slip for 2 years but it hasn't changed much. :)

SS

mr nsx
02-10-2008, 08:20 AM
thanx for the reply.... another thing my ALB light comes on but does go off after driving for few miles, in relation to this i dont drive the nsx as much due to work.. is this due to brakes seizure??

cheers

duncan
02-10-2008, 08:50 PM
The height of the clutch pedal when at rest should be 186mm from the bulkhead floor, with 1 to 7mm freeeplay, the clutch should be disengaged when 93mm from the bulkhead floor. If it isn't then the push rod from the pedal into the master cylinder can be adjusted so the movement [of both] increases or decreases by the same amount. the push rod has as threaded shaft and lock-nut adjustment at its connection and joint with the pedal. Nothing particularly clever or tricky, in fact so simple that even a garage should be able to do it.
Go to the nsxprime.com site and either view or download the service manual. The clutch actuation is shown on page 12.4.
As for the ALB light, don't jump to conclusions, read the manual; pull the ALB fuse, [or disconnect the battery] to clear the memories, replace the fuse and then see if the warning light re-occurs. If so, follow the procedure in the manual for reading the fault codes to determine the likely cause.
Are the brakes seized, think about it; does the car drive normally or does it keep hitting walls? If they are seized on, the car will stall, drive very slowly or drive in circles; if they are seized off, they won't work.

mr nsx
03-10-2008, 07:29 AM
thnx for the reply..the lights still on after disconecting the battery etc....could it be the driver side sensor as i can hear winding noise at times...