PDA

View Full Version : Abs problem

mr nsx
03-10-2008, 06:07 PM
Hi guys..

My abl light comes on when i drive , the car jolts in 1st gear as if something is holding it back but is ok after driving for a few miles.... There's a winding noise coming from the front driver side wheel and i can feel the abs does not kick in at times.

cheers

Kaz-kzukNA1
06-10-2008, 09:38 PM
Hi, mr nsx

I believe this is from your other post - ‘clutch problem??’.
It will help if you can provide us with the following information;

1. Year model and RHD or LHD
ABS on NSX has been modified several times. If you have earlier model of NSX, you will hear squeaking noise for about 5-10sec after reaching 10kph from time to time. This is to pressurised the accumulator and I was wondering whether you are referring to this sound or not in your comment as follows;

....could it be the driver side sensor as i can hear winding noise at times...
My apology if I’m telling you something you already knew.

2. Failure code
Do you have the failure code as another member here ‘duncan’ suggested?

3. Further information

Hi guys..

My abl light comes on when i drive , the car jolts in 1st gear as if something is holding it back but is ok after driving for a few miles.... There's a winding noise coming from the front driver side wheel and i can feel the abs does not kick in at times.

cheers
Our ABS is not a part of sophisticated TCS like modern super sport cars. It only reduces/recovers the applied brake pressure and won’t increase it. Therefore, if you can feel ‘something is holding it back’, it is something else and not the ABS.
Not sure about the comment as 'i can feel the abs does not kick in at times'.
While the ABS light is ON, the system is disabled so it won't come back automatically while you are driving. If you managed to reset the failure code or didn't get ABS light after re-starting the engine, then your ABS is back in operation until the next time you get the ABS light.
Therefore, further information on the failure condition would be appreciated.

By the way, if you have earlier model, when was the last time you flashed the brake fluid for the ABS?

Regards,
Kaz

mr nsx
10-10-2008, 09:00 PM
thanx for the reply kaz... I do have the earlier model, the abs lights gone off now and is runninf fine. iv been driving the nsx more oftenly, it might have been that the brake calipers where getting dirty thus making the abs sensors kick in?? could be wrong! the noise must have been the pump or something.

Regards to the flusing of the abs system, shall i take the nsx to Honda dealers or could any good garage sort this out.

Cheers

Midnight Blue
11-10-2008, 06:21 AM
Have a look at www.Danoland.com (http://www.Danoland.com)

In the NSX DIY section is a comprehensive guide, (with pictures) explaining how to flush the ABS system.
You need a couple of wires with small crocodile clips to open the ABS solenoids and allow the accumulator pressure to flush the debris back into the ABS brake fluid reservoir and then something to suck the fluid out of this reservoir. I used the pump from a household liquid soap dispenser rather than the turkey baster that is shown in the web sight.

Overall, the job takes about an hour including making up the two wires and is not difficult. Even if you don't fancy doing it yourself, any garage could do it provided you give them the instructions.

Reagrds,

Andy