PDA

View Full Version : NSX back from New Again

amar_fiaz
15-10-2008, 01:05 PM
Hello,

My NSX was keyed last December whilst parked in the west end of London (i then subsequently cracked the paint on a small part of the back bumper whilst reversing in a carpark!). Anyway, the damage all in all was pretty minor (apart from the bumper which progressively got worse over a few months) but it was one of those things that just niggled me until i finally decided to bite the bullet and get the damage fixed.

I looked at several potential solutions i.e. polish out the scratch, SMART repair, etc but the conclusion i came to was that nothing other than a re-spray would do the job

Anyway, i had previously read about and researched a company called New Again (formerly Clean Image) based in Chelmsford. After several (long) conversations with the owner Gary and Kieran. I decided to take the plunge and have the following work done to my car

1. Re-spray passenger door and bumper
2. Carry out paint correction to entire bodywork
3. Apply Diamondbrite paint protection
4. Make good leather scuffs/wear on driver seat
5. Carry out full valet (inc engine bay and front bay)
6. stone chip touch-up

After 2 weeks away and a eye-watering £1200 debited from my account my NSX is back! Attached are a few pics of the results. I must say i am absolutely delighted with the way my NSX has turned out. The price might seem a bit steep but i was quoted £1000 just to do the re-spray by several other body-shops.

Thanks

AMAR
1991 H4NSX 70K miles

simonprelude
15-10-2008, 02:57 PM
Price doesn't seem too bad versus the work they have done, looks new again :)

Papalazarou
15-10-2008, 04:33 PM
Looks great, well done.

Cheers,

James.

WhyOne?
15-10-2008, 04:53 PM
Car looks great!!!

I took Y1 to Clean Image / gary a couple of years ago for paint correction & 'odor kill' (to remove the lingering smell of cig. smoke) & was delighted with the results (indeed there is both a blow by blow account of the work they carried out on Y1 & a testimonial from me on their website: http://www.clean-image.co.uk/articles/part-1-honda-nsx-01.htm )

SILVER BULLET
15-10-2008, 05:13 PM
Congratulations Amar,your pride and joy looks great in the photos, I don't think the cost is an issue if you are pleased with the result, sounds like value for money to me.

Only problem is we will all have to get ours tidied up now:laugh:

Cheers,

Ian

Greybloke
15-10-2008, 07:07 PM
Car looks lovely:)

As Clean Image is about 200 yards from my office, I took my XF Jag for Diamond bright treatment when I first had it. I have to say I was very impressed with their knowledge, enthusiasm and finished result.

TheSebringOne
16-10-2008, 09:33 PM
Congratulations, the car looks like it just come out of the factory! As for the price, it seems great value and well spent. Have you any pics of the car before the re fresh?

dan the man
17-10-2008, 07:44 AM
Looks mint

Silver Surfer
17-10-2008, 07:18 PM
How effective is this 'diamondbrite paint protection' jobbie??

SS

TheSebringOne
18-10-2008, 10:32 AM
They are good for the first year, but you have to re treat them once a year otherwise they lose their protection. Had this done on our old TT, but never re treated & bottle somewhere in the garage!