PDA

View Full Version : Unwanted and Exhausted !!

sunday driver
15-10-2008, 07:17 PM
Hello! This is a re -incarnated sunday driver who has been ignominiously removed from the Members List and has had to re-join as a new member.
Well maybe I dont post very often (last tme 28th April); I am not that
technically minded, but I do enjoy dipping in and out of the site and contributing when appropriate. I also enjoy my NSX 18P bought a couple of years ago from Jaytip.I am also fully paid up as a platinum member (last payment 29th July.)
Thats the moan over.My last post was about my exhaust which is leaking at the corrugated section. Gun-gum and bandage has kept it going over the summer but the time has come to invest in a new exhaust. I already have a stainless silencer and tail-pipes. Can someone point me in the right direction for a set of (legal) headers for a 96 Targa? What other information is required to make sure I get the right parts? I am looking for longevity rather than more noise-the silencer gives the car a nice burble and then a scream as the revs climb! Any advice greatfully appreciated.

AR
15-10-2008, 11:39 PM
Mate unless you want to spend a couple of grand ( with labour ) and risk new O2 sensors, there is no need to get headers.

Any exhaust shop will be able to cut the corrugated section and weld a section of flexi pipe, or even a straight section of pipe.

Hope that helps,

AR

Lankstarr
16-10-2008, 06:06 AM
I had this done on my Accord and it was cheap and effective -I think it's your best bet unless someone with uprated headers offers you second hand ones. Even then they may go just as yours did.

L*

sunday driver
24-10-2008, 11:10 AM
Thanks guys for your suggestion. My car is just back from the exhaust shop with a nice new flexible piece in place of the original ribbed rigid piece. Apparently, many new cars have a flexible section of pipe just before the cat, so it is something they keep in stock. Apart from the fact that on the NSX it is difficult to get to,being above another part of the exhaust, it was straightforward.I dont know how long it took as I left the car in for the day,but the total cost inc vat was £141 which is a few pounds less than a new exhaust!

TheQuietOne
24-10-2008, 11:13 AM
In response to your original thread we have had a few back end problems with the site, resulting in a few members being deleted (not by us). Sorry - it wasn't personal!!

Glad your less exhausted too btw! :)