PDA

View Full Version : Supercar Saturday

jonny
20-10-2008, 12:43 PM
Saturday was a brilliant day for driving..

Headed out towards the back roads at about 3pm, whilst driving along I spotted a red car about half a mile up ahead of me. So I decided to catch up.
It was an F430, very nice example, looked brand new. came up to a roundabout at one of the small towns along the way where a white Audi R8 joined behind us. So you have the Ferrari in front, NSX in the middle and R8 at the back. The attention from people as we passed through the towns was unbelievable. Every man and his dog stopped with jaws dropping. Eventually we got out of the suburbs and onto the high speed B roads. All 3 of us were out for the same reason, to drive our supercars nice and fast :)
The ferrari sounded incredible, I could hear every moment of the drivers right foot. Gear changes instantaneous. It was almost impossible to keep up with the ferraris straight line acceleration but in the corners I made up for lost time, the guy obviously wasnt quite used to it yet and was being very cautious with entry speeds. The R8 was on my tail the whole time, I thought he was going to overtake me but instead turned off further down the road. Shame really as I wanted to see it in full action.
At the next straight, there were 5 cars which the ferrari passed effortlessly, I followed and noticed that he had reduced his speed after overtaking them, he put on his hazards and let me pass him at XXXmph. As I passed him I too put on my hazards as a courteous thankyou to which I got a headlight flash and thumbs up. It was a good feeling. And a very nice way to christen my new NSX.

simonprelude
20-10-2008, 12:53 PM
Sounds like fun and a great first post :)

So........... details of your new NSX and pics needed I think.

jonny
20-10-2008, 01:01 PM
Cheers :)

I've posted before under 'new guy' thread, my posts just seem to have been messed up. NSX is a silver/red 3.2, flip-ups. Used to be owned by CraigDonnely. Im sure you know the one. I've not started work on it yet, but I have plans :D

amo
20-10-2008, 01:45 PM
hi mate congrats
but iam sorry think you have 1 of the slow colours ohh ya and welcome

thx amo

Senninha
20-10-2008, 07:14 PM
Thanx for the great post, it really is great when you stumble across like minded individuals with respect for each other AND those other road users.

If you dont already do so, keep an eye on Pistonheads as you can find yourself playing with similar machinery more often. You'll probbaly be in one of the rarer cars too!

So what plans do you have for the bargain of year :)

regards, Paul

jonny
21-10-2008, 11:31 AM
So what plans do you have for the bargain of year :)

regards, Paul

Well, I'm not diving straight into big power, I plan to upgrade just about everything else first, make sure I get it all right. Did my GTR the same way, start at the basics, suspension, brakes etc Anyone can lob on a turbo/SC and get big power but I want power I can use effectively. I am still getting used to the car and finding out what it needs for the way I drive it.
Having said that, I'd be lying if I said I hadn't thought about buying a comptech SC and just going nuts :D
I won't tho, that will be after everything else is done. I'll keep you guys posted on what I do with it. Maybe I'll level the 525horses on the GTR. Haha doubt it, twin turbo set-ups..rebuilt engine..overdraft....loan.....single.....homeless. ...It will probably end my life. Would be worth it tho eh?

AR
21-10-2008, 11:46 AM
Maybe I'll level the 525horses on the GTR. Haha doubt it, twin turbo set-ups..rebuilt engine..overdraft....loan.....single.....homeless. ...It will probably end my life. Would be worth it tho eh?

Or maybe you'll go nuts and decide to get new wheels and wait ages and also get a handmade bodykit, wait ages, sell your seats, wait for your seats, get it sprayd, get 5 or 6 different exhausts, wait ages...

You get the idea.

I wish you the best on the car, however be prepared to wait mate, as pretty much nothing is on the shelf!

jonny
21-10-2008, 11:57 AM
Or maybe you'll go nuts and decide to get new wheels and wait ages and also get a handmade bodykit, wait ages, sell your seats, wait for your seats, get it sprayd, get 5 or 6 different exhausts, wait ages...

You get the idea.

I wish you the best on the car, however be prepared to wait mate, as pretty much nothing is on the shelf!

Haha point taken. I know all about the waiting..I remember when I ordered my diffuser from TopSecret. It took so long that when it arrived I had no idea what it was. When it did finally arrive in the country, I pretty much had to take out a second mortgage to pay for the charges and taxes they hit it with! bar stewards. Thanks for the heads up bud, I'll just have to see how it goes..wish me luck.

mutley
21-10-2008, 11:59 AM
HI Jonny, welcome to the site. I know the car you bought, met Craig on a few occasions (there was a honda tech UK meet on Motherwell and I made a few phone calls and got 4 NSX to turn up, raised a few eyebrows.)

But you have a fantastic car there, but I know what Ary means, I have had a lot of plans for mine and very little has been completed off the list.
I am sure that we will all get there one day though.

Jim

jonny
21-10-2008, 12:06 PM
HI Jonny, welcome to the site. I know the car you bought, met Craig on a few occasions (there was a honda tech UK meet on Motherwell and I made a few phone calls and got 4 NSX to turn up, raised a few eyebrows.)

But you have a fantastic car there, but I know what Ary means, I have had a lot of plans for mine and very little has been completed off the list.
I am sure that we will all get there one day though.

Jim

Yep, I dont give up easily, so if takes 2,3,4...10 years to get there, then thats what it takes. Thanks for the welcome mate :)

mutley
21-10-2008, 12:09 PM
No probs, by the way are you keeping the red interior? it is very different to the black that the rest of us have. And whats area are you in? I'm home at the mo but in the BM, but maybe next time I'm home in the NSX we could have a mini meet?

Jim

jonny
21-10-2008, 12:15 PM
Yeh I quite like the red interior, never seen one with red interior before. I live in Aberdeen mate. If you're ever around the area feel free to give me a shout. Mini meet would be great, get to know some of the community. theres only 1 other NSX I've seen up here and I have no idea who owns it.

mutley
21-10-2008, 12:20 PM
I think it may have been either last year or the year before I popped up to aberdeen and I had people following the car for a look and people taking pics on there phone as I passed.

Will certainly let you know if I'm in the area.

Jim