PDA

View Full Version : can u answer this

shane
20-10-2008, 08:47 PM
hi all, i just got a nsx on friday and im so chuffed.

i have noticed a few wee things to be sorted, the TCS switch has a green light when the steering wheel is up fully or close but when i lower it the light goes of!

another thing is the electric wing mirrors,the switch is centred but when i move it over to either left or right both mirrors move down and wont stop till i put it back in centre

any ideas?

thanks
shane

Lankstarr
21-10-2008, 06:05 AM
TCS light sounds weird... probably loose connectio but there are lots of reasons why it may go on... but none of these would go off again if you lower the steering wheel!

SOLN - keep your wheel low;)

Sounds like you ave a problem with the switch fdor the mirrors - take it apart and see what's sticking if you have the know how. Contact Amo to see if he has a spare and switch them over if you can;t be bothered. It's not a common thing to go so I wouldn;t expect you'll need to pay OTT for a second hand one.

L*

Kevin
21-10-2008, 07:43 PM
The electric mirror switch may be a common honda item. It looks very similar to other other honda's i have/had.

So if you need a new one, you could try from a different model.

shane
21-10-2008, 08:36 PM
yea i thought that, i was thinking it looked like an accord but not sure. i guess honda wouldn tell me as they'd like to charge me nsx prices

Sudesh
21-10-2008, 09:20 PM
On the TCS; I take is it just the light on the actual switch that's affected and not the TCS itself?
If so, like Luke mentioned, most likely to be a loose connection or damaged switch, the switches on the instrument surround are quite easily damaged especially if that surround has been taken off a few times.
What can happen is the pins on the PCB board of the switch can get snapped or sometimes they just havent been pushed all the way back into the plug correctly. Or you could have small crimp/bare/damaged wire on the harness going into the switch so when you move the steering its pushing/pulling on the wires causing the problem.

On the mirror switch, cant really help there other than the part number listed for the switch is 35190-SL0-A01, I might be doing away with my own electric mirrors, so may have the switch available. Wont know yet for a week or two.

Where abouts in N.I are you? Did you buy the NSX in N.I or could this be another NSX to add to N.I/Ireland owners!!

Any pics??

And welcome to the club!!;)

AR
21-10-2008, 09:41 PM
Apparently the TCS could be an 02 sensor, main relay or even a faulty brake light!