PDA

View Full Version : Oil Change?

w17led
31-10-2008, 09:46 AM
Hi Chaps,

Just about to do my oil change on my nsx, have bought the oil, but wanted to know where i would get a the oil filter from?

Will i have to go to Honda direct?

eclipse1501
31-10-2008, 09:53 AM
Any reputable car spares dealer, Halfords etc should have an NSX oil filter in stock. I used to use Andrew Pages or Partco when I was in the UK

amo
31-10-2008, 12:54 PM
halfords trade price is under £4
so enjoy
thx amo

jonathanolney
31-10-2008, 05:29 PM
Some people get obsessional about only using OEM filters to make sure they are of adequate area & have the right sort of pressure relief & anti drain valves. Honda now only supply the short filter & it is about £8 for reassurance that the part is right. Instructions are not required but see if you have not done it before: http://www.danoland.com/nsxgarage/oil_change/oil_change.htm

John

Sudesh
31-10-2008, 06:39 PM
I just stuck with OEM filter also remember to replace the drain bolt washer with a new one also!

nigel
05-11-2008, 12:40 PM
Not sure if "FRAM" brand is there in the UK but as it is a great filter for almost all applications i've read on Prime that on the NSX the oil pressure can overcome the ability of the sealing o-ring to hold and in some cases it has let go and allowed the oil to escape, always at the furthest point from any garage or home and covered the engine compartment with oil.
Might be just be installer error not tightening it enough.
Use the OEM Honda filter. They wouldn't sell the new short one if it wouldn't work.

Cheers
nigel

Kaz-kzukNA1
06-11-2008, 06:15 PM
There are lots of aftermarket oil filters available including the ones from OEM parts manufacture but considering the saving and the risk, I would go for the Honda one (manufactured by Toyo Roki). If you are replacing it once in several months, the cost per month is quite low.

Until several months ago, it was £8.51+VAT but now it is £10.66+VAT from Honda UK. Part No. was superseeded several times and the latest one is 15400-PL2-505.

Regards,
Kaz