PDA

View Full Version : Something for the winter

Kaz-kzukNA1
23-11-2008, 08:44 PM
Finally, my wife came back from Japan after long holiday. As you can imagine, I had to keep working here in UK…. I ordered some parts and several workshop service manuals and asked her to carry them back for the winter projects.

1. Type-R Steering Boss
4708 4709 4710
Haven’t made up my mind on the selection of steering wheel but wanted to keep this part before the next price increase. Honda normally increases the price around the spring time.

2. Eng & MT mounts
Quite a while ago, I used ‘Devcon Flexane (shore 80)’ to reinforce my Front and Rear Eng mounts. It made quite big difference and initially, I was very happy with them. However, as a daily car, I went too stiff and soon, started to hate the increased noise/vibration level at the specific frequency range. Instead of playing with the amount of Devcon to be used this time, I simply went for the Type-R Front and Rear Eng mounts. Also, as I never replaced the L & R side (MT & Eng) mounts for the last 14 years, I wanted to replace them at the same time. These two are the same between the Type-R and the normal NSXs. Let’s see how I feel this time.

3. Lots and lots of workshop service manuals
Although I already had several service manuals including the supplement ones, I wanted to get hold of the latest ones as I always wanted to learn something new on this car. I love reading these manuals and try to find the alternative procedures on the certain jobs.
In Japan, Honda provides the owner with the opportunity to have one’s NSX ‘refreshed’. It was so popular among the owners that until recently, it was 1 year waiting time.
This service is not available outside of Japan and as I would like to carry out my own 'refresh menu' on my car in the future, anything I learn now would help my planning and tasks. Reading these will keep me busy for this winter....

Regards,
Kaz