PDA

View Full Version : Houston NSX's

markdas
11-12-2008, 05:57 AM
Hi guys,

Just back from a trip to Houston......lucky enough to spot a red NSX on one of the freeways....then spotted a cracking black Acura NSX for sale in a BMW garage..(they had given it pride of place on a ramp visable from the freeway) so I had to turn off and have a look......really nice Targa, all black, tinted windows, NA 2 manual, 22,000 miles....but a price tag of $68,000, which considering the credit crunch is a whack of money.....

Im planning to move there in the future, may take the NSX with me, or had a plan to sell it and maybe find a cheap left hand drive one here and ship that over.....

Hope our prices remain bouyant too

Mark

jaytip
11-12-2008, 06:36 AM
Hi guys,

Just back from a trip to Houston......lucky enough to spot a red NSX on one of the freeways....then spotted a cracking black Acura NSX for sale in a BMW garage..(they had given it pride of place on a ramp visable from the freeway) so I had to turn off and have a look......really nice Targa, all black, tinted windows, NA 2 manual, 22,000 miles....but a price tag of $68,000, which considering the credit crunch is a whack of money.....

Im planning to move there in the future, may take the NSX with me, or had a plan to sell it and maybe find a cheap left hand drive one here and ship that over.....

Hope our prices remain bouyant too

Mark
On the whole,US NSX's tend to retail cheaper than UK ones.It's just the week £ at the moment making them seem more expensive,although having said that,that BeeEm dealer does seem to be pitching that car quite high.Check out this example for sale on prime which i think is a really good buy at $51K considering the mods to it.
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107864

Senninha
11-12-2008, 07:12 AM
.... and I would suggest that given how swiftly he has dropped the price since the first add he would deal lower than $50k .... and I do love that color on the NSX!

simonprelude
11-12-2008, 09:55 AM
For me, in the US it would have to be a F/I NSX ;)

markdas
11-12-2008, 10:32 AM
Yep, I think it was a high price.....oddly the Acura garage was only 2 blocks away and they hadnt had an NSX on the forecourt for over 2 years. The BMW guy had no idea of service history etc but he said anybody who knows these cars will find all they want from the VIN number. He would easily move on price I am sure but we were not trying to give him any false hope and I am not planning to move just yet.....

There are some real bargains over there just now though (non NSX) like a Porchse 911 (or what ever they are now..996 etc) 2002 $24,000, mustangs very cheap....dodge viper $30,000.....XK8 convertible 2001 $14,000! Fuel is $1.45 gallon too!!! They are still complaining its high though!!!

Lankstarr
11-12-2008, 11:37 AM
The Mustangs are dirty cheap!

What about a Z06 Vette? With no corners to worry about I'd definitely want to consider it! Saying that it's not meant to be too bad compared to the old sheds.

L*

markdas
12-12-2008, 07:44 AM
Oh yeah, very popular just now too and a great looking car I admit......your right, with nice straight roads and decent weather any of the muscle cars are a great option!

TheSebringOne
14-12-2008, 10:34 PM
The Vette ZO6 is a serious bit of Yank kit & apparently can corner quite well! Just don't like the plastic body, truck engine & leaf springs, abeit advance ones!