PDA

View Full Version : A recent Jaunt to Skye

markdas
14-12-2008, 10:30 AM
Thought I'd put these up, not brilliant weather but a nice 400 mile trip up to Skye for a few days!

Also some not great views of the GT Extreme now fitted! Sounds better than I make it look....but close up, its a work of art!

Mark

Senninha
14-12-2008, 10:40 AM
HI Mark,

Its always nice to see an NSX being used all year round!

Regards, Paul

markdas
14-12-2008, 12:22 PM
Hi Paul...

Yep, its a lovely car but we've always had the opinion that its there for using......it got some admiring comments from a load of New Zealanders who were here for the rugby tour!

Mark

AR
14-12-2008, 09:02 PM
Looks good mate, I wish I had my car back already. Must say that silver looks IMHO really well this time of the year.

TheSebringOne
15-12-2008, 12:04 AM
Sebring Silver always look great whatever the weather, come rain or shine! ;)

Markdas, those zorst look great, how does the noise compare with oem & have you notice any improvements in aceleration? :)

markdas
15-12-2008, 02:09 AM
The exhaust was the only thing I really hankered after changing as soon as I got the car....I guess we all know it actually sounds better inside the car with a standard set up (induction) but the OEM exhaust just was too quiet.

The noise now is just amazing.....on start up you get a distict bark, at the engine fires and idles, its throaty and almost V8 like as you go up to about 3500 rpm and then up to VTEC its a perfect howl and then for the last 2000 rpm it screams!

There is a good link to a Utube site where the Japanese guys who engineered it are testing it in the States on a yellow NSX.....

Not sure about power gains etc.....but you get a much better idea of where you are in the rev range without having to look at the dial......and its jsut great to llisten to. Its certainly not too loud for long journys either....i've made that mistake on a BMW 323i years ago with twin PECO rear silencers and again with my Mitsi GTO with a huge 3" almost straight thru single exit, almost defening.....but GT Extreme is well worth the money, I got it imported via Umbrella Auto Design for about £1450 including import duty in the UK!

Quality is first class, fitted like a glove, no messing around (except getting the old nuts off)! There is also a removable spool piece (4 bolts) that allows you to adjust the noise and pitch, via different insert plates, which basically adjusts the amount of exhaust gas that flows to the silencers.....excellent!

Sorry for long winded answer

Mark

mutley
15-12-2008, 11:21 AM
Sebring Silver always look great whatever the weather, come rain or shine! ;)..................................

How would you know? you never take it out often enough!!!!

Senninha
15-12-2008, 11:55 AM
How would you know? you never take it out often enough!!!!

He has different murals on the garage walls to simulate the 4 seasons!!! :laugh:

AR
15-12-2008, 12:56 PM
Must be something about Silver cars not going out! I have not used mine since September, waiting for bits to materialize!!!

Lankstarr
15-12-2008, 03:15 PM
;)
There is also a removable spool piece (4 bolts) that allows you to adjust the noise and pitch, via different insert plates, which basically adjusts the amount of exhaust gas that flows to the silencers.....excellent!

Great pics Mark... the silver with black roof really does look good in them and you don;t hear me say that often!

The dark wheels definitely help I think, the only thing amiss is those horrible orange side repeaters:eek: Clear ones would benefit a silver car more than most IMO!

Exhaust sounds fantastic... you've almost sold it to me as a spare and I haven;t even heard it:laugh:

I'd like to hear it but don;t think the clips on Utube ever do an exhaust justice!

The only reason Ary and James don't take their cars out is because they're embarassed about the colour... Mark obviously felt safe that noone would see him in the outer reaches of Scotland;)

L*

AR
15-12-2008, 07:06 PM
;)

The only reason Ary and James don't take their cars out is because they're embarassed about the colour... Mark obviously felt safe that noone would see him in the outer reaches of Scotland;)

L*

Well...mine is more to do with a series of unfortunate misshaps taking place in the UK and Japan, or so I was told...

TheSebringOne
15-12-2008, 09:37 PM
Guys N gals! You might be shocked to hear I took out a certain sexy silver lady yesterday for a spin and she can go out in all weathers as we live near a canal, where its low with the road being a wee bit slippery! ;)

Now please don't faint, but shes out again soon for some TLC, oil & coolant change at HUK!

I'm sweating at the thought of those extra miles! :D