PDA

View Full Version : Your favourite moment in your NSX...

TheQuietOne
18-12-2008, 11:24 AM
OK as a nice little follow on from Sudesh's thread what is your favorite moment in an NSX (yours or otherwise). No joy-riding stories please...:D

Although as you would imagine I have a few to pick from as I have done 47,000 miles in mine in 42 months (:eek:) my best one was the night before Luke's wedding. I'll share more when we get a few posts on here....

Midnight Blue
18-12-2008, 12:07 PM
My 12 year old son came visiting for the summer this year. He was desperately trying to be 'cool' but we went for a rip with the targa roof off and all that "Unimpressed by everything" attitude was blown away.

Priceless !

Cheers,

Andy

Sudesh
18-12-2008, 12:45 PM
Quite a hard one for me as I've owned NSX's since the 90's so have a few memories from then also.

Think though it has to be my road trip this year! I woke up one morning and it was a beautiful day, called the office and all way quite; so I decided to throw on a pair of cargo shorts and T-Shirt and just start driving! I ended up doing 400miles or something like that in one day, and went from covering various towns etc in N. Ireland, to ending up in Southern Ireland and just cruising about, stopping in various site seeing places and moving on from town to town. No maps, no satnav, radio was off and didn’t even answer the phone!! just went about everything the old fashioned way. Just about every place I stopped there was admirers of the car, some people actually took photos and various young guys giving the thumbs up as I passed. It was such a fantastic day and so much pleasure owning an NSX. Almost felt like I was out doing a press run for a car magazine. :thumbsup:

WhyOne?
18-12-2008, 02:08 PM
Difficult question!

Probably driving the the Goodwood revival in September this year.

Friday morning, up and on the road by 6.

Beautiful sunny morning, with a few patches of mist lying on the fields.

I quickly joined a fast moving train of 7 or 8 cars - everything from an MG Midget complete with roll bars and scrutineering stickers, through a TVR Griffith to a Ferrari 360.

Everyone drove sensibly, but where conditions permitted, with great 'spirit', as we arrived at Goodwood and peeled away to our respective car parkes, there was much waving and tooting & flashing.

:)

simonprelude
18-12-2008, 02:19 PM
On the way up to the meet at Silverstone a couple of years ago on the M1 ;)

AR
18-12-2008, 02:27 PM
Saying bye bye to an E39 M5 on my first day of ownership of my first NSX when the ECU Nanny called him back!

First drive in the NSX-R when it had the 4 point belts and Stack Dash.

Doing a PH Tunnel Run with a strainght thru mufflerless exhaust.

I am hoping to add driving my updated car soon!

Sudesh
18-12-2008, 02:37 PM
Saying bye bye to an E39 M5 on my first day of ownership of my first NSX when the ECU Nanny called him back!

First drive in the NSX-R when it had the 4 point belts and Stack Dash.

Doing a PH Tunnel Run with a strainght thru mufflerless exhaust.

I am hoping to add driving my updated car soon!

Any pics of the STACK dash in the NSX-R?

Was actually looking at one of those not so long ago.

AR
18-12-2008, 04:08 PM
Sudesh the only one I have is this:
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=27841&d=1152986396

I do not recommend it for street use as there is way too much info, but the cool factor is great!

Senninha
18-12-2008, 09:21 PM
On the way up to the meet at Silverstone a couple of years ago on the M1 ;)

That was fun ... not so much for the smokin' Mustang tho :laugh:

Also, the coast road to LeTouquet from Calais .....

Or maybe the PH run last year chasing that GT3 ....

Or maybe the cruise to the 'Ring ....

Or the sprint back :D

Or .....

regards, Paul

So Matt, this wedding story ....:beer:

TheSebringOne
18-12-2008, 10:41 PM
My great moment so far, was getting up at 3.30am or 4ish, then ferry crossing from Heysham at 6 am to the IOM! Then driving around the man & the TT course, the first day & half was amazing :thumbsup: but it rained for the next day& half! :( Then whilst parked up, I returned to find a note on my windscreen saying they wanted to buy my car, how dare they! :D One day I will go back in the Summer & drive those amazing roads, just like TG!

Oh the scariest moment was when I just got the car, wasn't sure whether you had to switced on the TCS every time you start her up, but later on a corner with loose gravel & rain I had a real moment, then realised that when TCS light is on, Its actually switched off! :eek:

BabyG
18-12-2008, 11:46 PM
Stuttgart to the Eiffel Mountains in August. Wonderful sweeping curves on a near empty Autobahn, sun was shining and no worries about having to get somewhere or be somewhere else.

Spent about an hour in the VTEC in 4th, playing with an E46 M3, 993 S and Evo Tommi Mak I was in convoy with. The car felt built to do it, and to top it all you've got the mountain roads to finish on the way into Nurburg. It doesn't need to get any better than that.

Kevin
19-12-2008, 06:50 AM
Let me see....

Could it be overtaking 6 Porsches at once going into the La Source hairpin at Spa? Coming out in front and without a scratch.

Driving Silverstone in the wet, overtaking everything else on the circuit. Putting all my faith in the traction control?

Meeting 8 other NSX owners in Palo Alto, California. Going out for dinner and cruise around?

The very first NSXCB meeting with 5-6 other NSXs. The most I have ever seen in one place at the same time. Deciding there and then to form the NSXCB?

Probably one of the above.

DamianW
19-12-2008, 09:36 AM
Going on holiday to Cornwall with my wife on my 1st wedding anniversary in it.

Bringing my daughter home in it, with her saying "ready.. GO" all the time.

One of my last drives where I ended up getting a thumbs up from a biker who'd been trying to keep up.