PDA

View Full Version : Mechanics who should have taken more care.....

JQD84983
18-12-2008, 12:48 PM
Another Targa bites the dust at the hands of a mechanic on a test drive.....:( Glad it wasn't mine.

http://www.wreckedexotics.com/articles/019.shtml

Sudesh
18-12-2008, 12:54 PM
That sites makes me unhappy lol!!

Too many nice cars being destroyed.

TheQuietOne
18-12-2008, 04:31 PM
That driver was on NSX Prime he is Canadian if I remember correctly! Sad story...a cracking looking car.

Senninha
18-12-2008, 08:56 PM
Another Targa bites the dust at the hands of a mechanic on a test drive.....:( Glad it wasn't mine.

http://www.wreckedexotics.com/articles/019.shtml

That car is currently for sale on Prime but thats not the interesting bit ... its how they put it back together. Its an 05 but not as you know it!!

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1101655#post1101655

regards,

AR
18-12-2008, 09:15 PM
Having just done all dissasembly and wiring for an 02 conversion, the question is why???

FFS They added a ton of weight to it, and overcomplicated crap.

It is unique for sure.

IMHO Worth no more than a salvage.

Cheers,

Ary

Senninha
18-12-2008, 09:26 PM
Having just done all dissasembly and wiring for an 02 conversion, the question is why???

Cheers,

Ary

I'd guess tha parts were chaep and readily available due to the high number of 02 conversions plus it was around the time Detlef converted his car and sold the complete front end already painted red ... which could explain the poor color match

Looking forward to seeing yours roll out of the garage!

regards, Paul

AR
18-12-2008, 10:00 PM
I'd guess tha parts were chaep and readily available due to the high number of 02 conversions plus it was around the time Detlef converted his car and sold the complete front end already painted red ... which could explain the poor color match

Looking forward to seeing yours roll out of the garage!

regards, Paul

Sadly due to being mess about with a capital F I am still waiting for the sorcery deck spoiler that was EMS months ago LOL!!!

I am getting one staright from the horses mouth, as I had to do with all hard to find parts.

Moral of the story:

CAVEAT EMPTOR

Cheers,

Ary

TheSebringOne
18-12-2008, 10:54 PM
Why would you do this on a 05 ?! Its normally the otherway round from pop up to fixed! Suppose it could only happen over the pond! :no:

AR
19-12-2008, 11:47 AM
Why would you do this on a 05 ?! It normally the otherway round from pop up to fixed! Suppose it could only happen over the pond! :no:

Must have paid next to nothing for the parts and bastardazied the electrical system, as well as increasing .cd and adding 40 lbs.

I bet the car handles superb too with the missmatched wheels.

Cheers,

AR

markc
19-12-2008, 01:15 PM
Why would you do this on a 05 ?! It normally the otherway round from pop up to fixed!

...'cos pop-ups look waaaay better :)

JQD84983
19-12-2008, 05:15 PM
In your opinion. Better perhaps but not way better....and only in the day!

markc
19-12-2008, 07:58 PM
In your opinion. Better perhaps but not way better....and only in the day!

I was just being trying to be a little bit provocative. Both styles have their followers and rightly so :)

Actually, I also rather like the "dozy" expression the pop-up cars have with their headlamps up. Here's a pic of my car half asleep up an Italian mountain.

Mark

mutley
20-12-2008, 12:18 AM

Here here, I'll second that.

As for the pic on that web site OUCH!

Jim

TheSebringOne
20-12-2008, 10:58 PM
Ary, well spotted on the mismatched wheels, if I was the owner I would source one 02+ alloy urgently to matched the other 3!! :no: