PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on downforce ASI from US??

JP825
20-12-2008, 01:01 PM
Has anyone tried this enlarge air scoop on their NSX?

US seems to rate them a lot with the UNi filter.

AR
28-12-2008, 12:01 PM
The Scoop can't hurt and might be beneficial, it does add a little more sound which is nice.

Regarding the UNI filter, no matter what people say I still don't like the idea of an oil soaked piece of foam filtering the air coming into the engine. If in doubt, place cotton filter to your mouth and inhale. then try the same with a unifilter!!!

amo
28-12-2008, 06:49 PM
Has anyone tried this enlarge air scoop on their NSX?

US seems to rate them a lot with the UNi filter.

A few of us have I think, I have done it and it's a lot better them the oem.
Oil filters as ary says not for me if got a hks in mine
Thx amo

NSXGB
28-12-2008, 09:23 PM
I have the scoop fitted, it has a slightly louder, deeper tone over OEM. I'm running the OEM filter. Not the greatest fit inside the wheel arch though as it touches the arch liner. Should be helping it breathe better but never had it on the dyno, so who knows...

Senninha
28-12-2008, 09:38 PM
What other changes are you planning to make?

If you intend to leave I/H/E all standard then I would leave this alone too. IMO, all you will be doing is allowing the engine to try and suck more air, but with no way of releasing the extra it wont actually draw it in the first place, thereby making the upgrade almost worthless apart from some minor sound changes.

regards,

JP825
28-12-2008, 11:51 PM
I like the idea of the louder noise but no sure about the filter too...

Senninha
31-12-2008, 12:39 AM
I like the idea of the louder noise but no sure about the filter too...

The intake that has been bought by many here and in the States is the complete Procar system that replaces the OEM intake and airbox and is finished in Carbon Fibre .... if you fo go for this then you will want to get an exhaust to allow all the newly sucked air to escape more readily

regards, Paul