PDA

View Full Version : Route KS RGT Kit with a twist

AR
24-12-2008, 06:26 PM
Some quick photos with my mobile phone. Almost done, still waiting for a few bits that I ordered and have to finish installing the seats and bonnet pins. Is taken since July and it was quite frustrating, but I am happy with the results so far. As soon as is finished I will ask a mate to take some good shots.

Cheers,

AR

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m171/AR94NSX-R/NSX-GT/NSX-GTFront.jpg

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m171/AR94NSX-R/NSX-GT/NSX-GTFrontSide.jpg

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m171/AR94NSX-R/NSX-GT/NSX-GTSide.jpg

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m171/AR94NSX-R/NSX-GT/NSX-GTTheerQuartersView.jpg

amo
24-12-2008, 08:17 PM
hi mate lookin good car need to sit lower and need to change the wheels or at least the colour
carbon bonnet?
nice rear spoiler
mmmmmmmmmm need to see the car in the flesh

thx amo

AR
24-12-2008, 08:44 PM
Wheels I know, but for now OK until the engine gets upgraded, priorities you know!

I would love to lower it, but due to the RGT kit's overhang it is not possible. As you know our roads here in Cardiff are superb. ( yeah right )

Would be great to meet up gain for some photos.

In the flesh is sex wee material. :)

Cheers,

AR

simonprelude
25-12-2008, 04:03 AM
Needs bigger wheels...................

1st in line when those wheels are for sale though please :)

AR
25-12-2008, 01:43 PM
Needs bigger wheels...................

1st in line when those wheels are for sale though please :)

Sure mate, I think I need more power before bigger wheels, but I'll keep you in mind.

AR
25-12-2008, 08:21 PM
One more from a better angle:

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m171/AR94NSX-R/NSX-GT/NSX-GTSiderear.jpg

Senninha
26-12-2008, 10:39 PM
Hi Ary,

Well thats not what I was expecting to see .... thought it was going CW with matched alloys ....

Looks as though the time in the shop has paid off as it looks to be a good fit.

Hope you get lots of pleasure from it

Seasons Greetings

Regards, Paul

Sudesh
27-12-2008, 04:06 PM
WOW! Wasnt expecting that either Ary! Plenty of time and money went into that.

Have you much more to do? inside and out?

AR
27-12-2008, 04:54 PM
Cheers lads I was so fed up with waiting, that I decided to stay original colour for now. I am thinking of either CW or Satin Black in the future.

With regards to the wheels is hard to say as IMHO TE 37s are some of the best wheels in the sense of weight and strenght. At the moment 17/17 is what the car can move without causing any ill handling effectrs or lack of acceleration.

Still to do as soon as I feel better:

front badge
bonnet pins
air duct
compact air horn
relocate alarm syren
seats/modifying seat rails
harnesess
new boot shocks

And soon after,

Rear deck spoiler
Uprated brakes
Custom Exhaust

So is almost done, but not quite yet.

Senninha
27-12-2008, 06:39 PM
hi mate lookin good car need to sit lower and need to change the wheels or at least the colour
carbon bonnet?
nice rear spoiler
mmmmmmmmmm need to see the car in the flesh

thx amo

HI Ary,

Just revisiting and I'm guessing thats been on jacks for a while hence the gap in the arches? Has it settled down a bit since taking it home?

Ref the bonnet .... any chance you're going to get a Cf boot lid to balance front to rear looks?

regards, Paul

AR
27-12-2008, 09:12 PM
HI Ary,

Just revisiting and I'm guessing thats been on jacks for a while hence the gap in the arches? Has it settled down a bit since taking it home?

Ref the bonnet .... any chance you're going to get a Cf boot lid to balance front to rear looks?

regards, Paul

Paul,

I'll have a look tomorrow, I have not driven the car since picking it up, as I have had the flu.

As for the CF bootlid, I don't think it will be strong enough to handle the downforce from the wing.

Cheers,

AR

jaytip
28-12-2008, 03:15 AM
Paul,

As for the CF bootlid, I don't think it will be strong enough to handle the downforce from the wing.

I would think that as long as it's a quality part from someone like Detlef,then there would be zero problems with strength.How much downforce does the wing create?

Senninha
28-12-2008, 09:33 PM
I'm sure I read once that unless you are approaching 100mph, spoilers etc do little to add and are mainly for that 'sporting look' .... :dunno: sure someone will correct this soon ....

Having seen some of the earlier r/spoilers that Detlef used to run then I dont think you will have any strength issues, just £££ ;)

regards, Paul

NSX 2000
28-12-2008, 09:49 PM
I'm sure I read once that unless you are approaching 100mph, spoilers etc do little to add and are mainly for that 'sporting look' .... :dunno: sure someone will correct this soon ....
regards, Paul

IIRC the above is an urban myth, with only a touch of truth. On the VW Corrado it had a spoiler that came up at 72mph as the German engineers had worked out that upto 72mph a spoiler only slowed the car down and had no positive effect on downforce. The only problem with this was our BiB knew you were speeding :doh:
Plus they had to fit a spoiler to the mk1 Audi TT due to going light at the rear at high speeds.

If you want to go as fast as you can in a straight line then you dont want a spoiler, however if you want to go round bends as well then they can have there benefits.

HTH

Paul.

nsx_vtec
29-12-2008, 12:11 AM
not my cup of tea. sorry!

nsx looks "pure" in its factory forum.

each to there own.

amo
29-12-2008, 10:29 AM
If you want to go as fast as you can in a straight line then you dont want a spoiler, however if you want to go round bends as well then they can have there benefits.

HTH

Paul.[/QUOTE]

ok im sure you need a spoiler to keep the backend down at high speeds prob dont need 1 in a straight line when doin under a ton but anything over that its needed

thx amo

Rob_Fenn
03-01-2009, 07:39 PM
A good start but can't help feel silver is a bit tame for such a wild looking car. Also, whatever you say about bumps, it needs lowering! I think the Spoon one should be the goal, it looks ace. Otherwise...

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y50/robfenn/nsxrgt.jpg

forumadmin
03-01-2009, 07:58 PM

Just to chime in here:). Firstly there is confusion between wings and spoilers.

A wing has a gap between the body and the active surface. So the NSX has a wing, Amo has a bigger wing etc. An Audi TT has a spoiler. Spoilers do not create downforce. They spoil the airflow to reduce lift. The Audi TT is such a perfect smooth wing shape it lifts at speed (ie its crap), and the spoiler breaks up the airflow to disturb it and reduce the lift.

As for how much downforce a wing creates, well I can't comment on the aftermarket ones as they don't produce figures. I can tell you that my race wing produces 70kg of downforce at 100mph (or was it 80mph?) I forget. How do I know, because I got books on aerodynamics when I built my wing and computer software that works it out. My wing's angle of attack is only 5deg at most (its adjustable). This means it also creates little drag, unlike a wing that is set at a large angle. The 70kg will only happen if the air is flowing uninterrupted. Being at the back of the car with the cockpit in front, it won't produce that much. How much force is the right amount? That's impossible to say as well without testing. However it does make a difference. It can be felt when going over bumps, and also at the top of Eau Rouge where cars normally go light in the rear it stays planted.

Hope this helps.

AR
03-01-2009, 08:37 PM
A good start but can't help feel silver is a bit tame for such a wild looking car. Also, whatever you say about bumps, it needs lowering! I think the Spoon one should be the goal, it looks ace. Otherwise...

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y50/robfenn/nsxrgt.jpg

Rob,

To say that it does not look better lowered will be lying, but it really is not practical for a car driven driven almost every day everywhere. As for the colour, it is still a work in progress. :)

As for the wing, it might be placebo, but I can tell you that with TCS on it does not flicker on roundabouts at the same speed as before and it feels more planted.

When the car is isolated, it looks quite high, but next to other cars, ( not lowered NSX ) it looks low enough.

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m171/AR94NSX-R/NSX-GT/NYETR3.jpg

I am hoping to grab some better ones next to Amo's Beast tomorrow.

Cheers,

AR

Senninha
04-01-2009, 10:23 PM
HI Ary,

An interesting mix of machines!! Did the Lotus driver have much to say about his/her time with the car?

regards, Paul

When the car is isolated, it looks quite high, but next to other cars, ( not lowered NSX ) it looks low enough.

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m171/AR94NSX-R/NSX-GT/NYETR3.jpg

I am hoping to grab some better ones next to Amo's Beast tomorrow.

Cheers,

AR

AR
07-01-2009, 12:30 PM
HI Ary,

An interesting mix of machines!! Did the Lotus driver have much to say about his/her time with the car?

regards, Paul

Sorry Paul, I did not get a chance to speak with the owner of the car, it was a PH run and there was over 80 cars in total!

Cheers,

AR