PDA

View Full Version : Seat leather treatment

BabyG
29-12-2008, 10:23 AM
Enjoyed a late night blat through the peak district last night, the NSX magic across the range of 2nd gear on some fantastic twisty roads. The new HID kit passed with flying colours, barely any traffic and cold but mercifully dry roads meant you could really get into a rhythm. Great stuff.

An easy cruise back to London and I feel the car has deserved some TLC. She's recently had all of the fluids changed, so I'm going to get some silicone spray on the door seals, and the liquid leather treatment for the seats. Should keep it nice and fresh for when I'm next up that way. Which is only three weeks away...

TheSebringOne
30-12-2008, 05:51 PM
I'm glad you had a great blast around the Peaks, I thought your'e not from these parts? (London) Were you just visiting as you said you'll be back in 3 weeks?

On subject of HIDS, were they the ones mentioned in the xmas sale by Dan?

Apparently the leather does'nt absorb the leather cleaner/restorer? But I brought Autoglyms & it seems fine for bringing the shine & smell back.

What does the silicone do to the door seals?

Cheers :)

Senninha
31-12-2008, 12:35 AM
Apparently the leather does'nt absorb the leather cleaner/restorer? But I brought Autoglyms & it seems fine for bringing the shine & smell back.

What does the silicone do to the door seals?

Cheers :)

James, yes the Autoglyms is ok but you need to dilute it to get the OEM matt finish to the leather rather than a shiney 'unclean' look to the leather.

As for the seals, I use this stuff http://www.daliracing.com/v666-5/catalog/index_browse_part.cfm?focus=2244 which feeds the seals around the car, keeps them in good order and doing what they were installed to do :)

regards, Paul

BabyG
31-12-2008, 12:58 AM
I'd been in Preston for Christmas and thought I'd take a bit of a detour on the way back to find something more interesting than the M6. I am London based, but try to make use of my time out town whenever possible by looking up some decent roads. Peak district some of the best I've found (although I'm heading out to Wales in Feb and have high hopes..)

The HIDs were from Dan at DTA, highly recommended and top service. I got the updated indicators and repeaters as well and the car looks good for them.

For the leather, I've heard liquid leather is good from a couple of sources, the pics here

http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/testvb/showthread.php?t=5023&highlight=liquid+leather

look promising. Anyone else heard that I may have trouble, it looks like a fairly easy preventative measure? No probs with the seats so far, impressive on a '91 car.

The silicone grease is preventative to stop the door seals drying out - I'm not aware of whether this has been done before I had the car, but seems like a sensible precaution. No problems reported, but I'd rather not have a split door seal to worry about!

TheSebringOne
31-12-2008, 02:17 PM
Thanks Paul, but without sounding dumb, what do I dilute the Autoglym with? Water?

Papalazarou
01-01-2009, 12:57 PM
I borrowed some liquid leather from PeteM, can't remember what it's called though? I also bought a set of HIDs from Dan and I was very pleased with the ease of installation and the resulting extra visibility. They also look awesome with the fixed headlights. I also bought the LED sidelights which are incredibly bright and match the colour of the HIDs.

Cheers,

James.