PDA

View Full Version : Sad news - Crashed my NSX !!

mvm
11-01-2009, 04:16 PM
For those that have missed my post on the US NSX-forum on NSXPrime, the day (or better said, the night) before Christmas, I had a momentary lapse of attention while driving my NSX and as a result I crashed my car by hitting a pole precisely at the right A-pillar.
Fortunately, apart from some cuts and bruises, I am OK, but the car seems to be beyond reasonable repair now.

So, although I am very sorry to say this, I will not be driving this particular NSX anymore. Which is all the more sad because the car was in perfect running condition with many modifications made and still many on my wish-list.
For those who might want to check pictures of the car, here is the link on NSXPrime:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115930

NSXGB
11-01-2009, 04:35 PM
Sorry to hear that Maarten, your car looked very clean. Important thing is that you are ok.

eclipse1501
11-01-2009, 05:06 PM
Your pictures on Prime are a credit to you and what was obviously a great NSX. At least you are okay and have already reasoned the cause out in your own mind, that might help you move on. Anyway, next time instead of hitting a Pole aim for a Dutch person they may be softer in the middle! Hope you bounce back quick, good things often come from bad. Good luck.

Sudesh
11-01-2009, 07:05 PM
Sorry to hear the news! Most important is that your ok.

Hopefully though you will get back into NSX ownership. :)

AR
11-01-2009, 07:09 PM
As I posted on Prime, sorry to hear about it and glad that you are OK.

Cheers,

AR

BlueNSX
11-01-2009, 10:31 PM
Martin,

So sorry buddy, your car was certainly a very nice when I saw it at Le Mans, hope you get another one soon.

Blu

JQD84983
12-01-2009, 09:57 AM
Sorry to hear the news. Glad it hit the passenger side and no one was hurt. Best of luck finding another!

NSX 2000
12-01-2009, 10:01 AM
Hi Martin

Sorry to here about this, as Blu (Mark) has already said it was looking in fine shape at Le Mans.

Will you get another? I think the swiss are organising another weekend at Le Mans this year.

Paul.

mvm
12-01-2009, 10:18 AM
Thanks very much guys for all the positive remarks :)

Yes, my NSX was in very good shape, engine was/is in excellent condition, last Dyno gave it 275HP on the rear wheels. Suspension and brakes had been upgraded, had some NSX-R parts on it like a VIS hood and NSX-R wing, new red interior carpet. Still had many plans on changing things in my head but now, unfortuntately, these will never come true.

And YES, I would very much like to get another NSX.

But first, I will be completely parting out this car. I will only keep the pieces I can reuse on another NSX, but basically, anything else is for sale.

Rob_Fenn
12-01-2009, 01:14 PM
Sorry to hear the news, glad you are ok.