PDA

View Full Version : Needle in a Haystack....

Hagasan
12-01-2009, 08:07 PM
What should have been a simple task for a part turns into a treasure hunt....

All I was looking for was a Honda badge for a 2002+ rear middle lens so I called up Bushey Honda. "Sorry sir, we don't have that in stock" I wasn't entirely surprised but when he checked availabilty with Honda he said that it wouldn't be available till mid March!! Two months for a badge....Don't they want to advertise their brand on your car??

I called a few other dealers, NW, Chiswick, Lincoln, 2Mills but nobody had any....

I've sent an email to Detlef to see if he has any but failing that, does anyone have any contacts in Europe where the NSX is still branded a Honda rather than the US Acura?

The part number is 75701-SLO-003

Thanks,

Gary

Sudesh
12-01-2009, 09:40 PM
What should have been a simple task for a part turns into a treasure hunt....

All I was looking for was a Honda badge for a 2002+ rear middle lens so I called up Bushey Honda. "Sorry sir, we don't have that in stock" I wasn't entirely surprised but when he checked availabilty with Honda he said that it wouldn't be available till mid March!! Two months for a badge....Don't they want to advertise their brand on your car??

I called a few other dealers, NW, Chiswick, Lincoln, 2Mills but nobody had any....

I've sent an email to Detlef to see if he has any but failing that, does anyone have any contacts in Europe where the NSX is still branded a Honda rather than the US Acura?

The part number is 75701-SLO-003

Thanks,

Gary

I have experienced that same thing with my local dealer with delivery dates, however; the parts always arrived long before the date that they stated.

For example, I ordered some NSX-R parts which have to come from Japan or Belgium. I was given a delivery date of 7 weeks but the parts actually arrived withing a 12days!

So it may be something to think about.

Kaz-kzukNA1
12-01-2009, 10:44 PM
Hi, Gary.

If everything didn't work out for you, then as a last resort, give me a shout as I can get hold of Honda OEM parts from Japan.

Regards,
Kaz

AR
12-01-2009, 11:11 PM
Try Ryland Honda Cardiff mate they got me one in less than a week.

Cheers,

AR