PDA

View Full Version : Door Handles for SoS

mutley
02-02-2009, 06:20 PM
Hi All,

Well here are the pics of my new door handles and a little step by step repair work.

With the handle assembly off I took the old door handle off. The tricky bit is the 2 little studs that hold it in place have little circlips which are difficult to get out. Be carefull with these as the housings that hold these can be easily broken.

From my broken part, I had to separate the small plate that was attached to it, you need this for the 2 small screws to fix into with the new handle (you get new screws but have to use the old little plates).

This whole job took me about 10 minutes per side.

mutley
02-02-2009, 06:23 PM
continued.......

The last pic you can see one of the little studs. The new handles have a slightly bigger lip at the join, so you can't fit the circlip back onto the top stud.

Jim

mutley
02-02-2009, 06:29 PM
and the final stages with before and after.

PeteM
02-02-2009, 06:29 PM
Hi Mutley door handles are looking good.

I don't know if you remember when I asked you a while back regarding the fittings for the door handles, well now thanks to your pics I can quite clearly see and understand how they go together so thanks for that.

Just got to get round to fitting mine now !!

Cheers Pete.

mutley
02-02-2009, 06:32 PM
Hi Pete,

No worries there, if you need anymore detailed pics, when I do the passenger side I can take more step by step, but honestly, it's pretty easy and only takes minutes.

Jim

AR
02-02-2009, 06:34 PM
So you gave in in the end :)

Great results better than OEM look by a mile!

mutley
02-02-2009, 06:41 PM
So you gave in in the end :)

Great results better than OEM look by a mile!

Yes I did, and as for the quality IS top notch. Even off the car, the action feels solid, and far better than OEM plastic. The pics don't do them much justice due to lighting and flash etc, but I have gone for the anodized gunmetal look and there is an almost blue hint to them, just need to find a gear knob to match.

PS while I was on the site, it seemed a waste of postage JUST for door handles so I got the CF gauge cluster cover and the polished aluminiun gauge rings.

Jim

Sudesh
03-02-2009, 02:15 PM
The handles look great Jim! I'll definately go for those at some stage.

Carbon cluster look good too, would like to see some pics once its all installed.

mutley
03-02-2009, 05:31 PM
The handles look great Jim! I'll definately go for those at some stage.

Carbon cluster look good too, would like to see some pics once its all installed.

Will start another thread with that install of the gauge cluster when I get time to fit it.

Jim

NSXGB
03-02-2009, 08:57 PM
Will start another thread with that install of the gauge cluster when I get time to fit it.

Jim

I've just installed a set of their billet cluster rings, they add a nice slightly updated look to the dash. Even the Doris said they looked good...

TheSebringOne
03-02-2009, 09:50 PM
Jim, they look great & freshen up the interior. They look more modern dare I say.

mutley
03-02-2009, 09:51 PM
I've just installed a set of their billet cluster rings, they add a nice slightly updated look to the dash. Even the Doris said they looked good...

Yeah if you look at the pic, I have them too, I think it does look a bit more up to date, it is part of my whole plan to update the interior look.

Need to find a gear knob to match my handles now though.

Jim

PS For those coming to Japfest, feel free to have a play with them, they really do look and feel a much better quality product than the OEM plastic ones.

NSXGB
03-02-2009, 10:01 PM
Need to find a gear knob to match my handles now though.

You hould have ordered one while you were there:

http://scienceofspeed.com/products/interior_performance_products/NSX/ScienceofSpeed/shift_knobs/Rapid/tear_drop/

mutley
03-02-2009, 10:18 PM
You hould have ordered one while you were there:

http://scienceofspeed.com/products/interior_performance_products/NSX/ScienceofSpeed/shift_knobs/Rapid/tear_drop/

I KNEW you were going to say that!!!
And you won't believe how how I Ummed and Ahhhhed about it. Yes with retrospect I should have, BUT it was my "test" purchase with SoS and I didn't want to splash out too much and end up in the current "Dali" situation.

But the guys were great, good correspondance, fast delivery, I even got a fast reply to my "thank you" email I sent once I received my goods.

They have quite a few things that I have been after for a while , so I think that gear knob will be on teh next shopping list.

Cheers

Jim