PDA

View Full Version : NSX in the snow

Lankstarr
05-02-2009, 07:29 AM
Huh and they call it a supercar... if it was really that super then it would be awesome in the snow!

The first big dump of snow wasn;t a problem - I took the X to work and it coped well. Tried again this morning and it took me 45 minutes to do a 3 mile round trip to get her safely back on the driveway! I think snow on top of ice isn;t such a good combo for an NSX! I was fine until I came to a hill, had to slow down to a near standstill for some other idiot then tried to get going again. I ended up getting out of there by turning the car around and going back down... for a minute I thought I was going to have to leave her by the side of the road to guide all of teh other careful drivers in the right direction. Now THAT was scary!

Got stuck again trying to get into the close, but dug myself out. I won't be risking it again - I just hope that my wife doesn't need her car for anything!

Dave J
05-02-2009, 08:45 AM
Had the same problem with my missus Merc SLK........absolutely useless in the snow. I sold my X5 on Saturday, typical, so i've been using my VW Caddy van and that's great :)
My NSX has sat on the drive since i bought it on Sunday, i will hopefully get to drive that soon......but not in the snow!
Dave.

Kevin
05-02-2009, 11:22 AM
A few inches of snow and the country is all over the place. I mean a few inches, as what you have there is nothing. Nothing I tell ya.

I see tv pictures of cars getting stuck on anything more than a 0.01% gradient, while I am driving up Alpine roads quite happily. I haven't even got to use the snow chains yet, but the combination of Honda CRV and winter tyres are ace.

kowalski
05-02-2009, 01:07 PM
Used to use mine every day even if snowing, the car seemed to go up hills a lot better with the traction control off.

Took it Goodwood last year in the snow with a Boxter S, TVR tuscan, S2000 and BMW Z4. Only mine made it up the hill near Arundel, I had to turn round and go back to meet the others!

leigh

Senninha
05-02-2009, 01:46 PM
Did someone mention snow ...

Rash
05-02-2009, 02:00 PM
lol - looks like mine did 1st thing in the morning :)

Kevin
05-02-2009, 03:34 PM
Is that all you got?

Lightweights.:laugh:

NoelWatson
05-02-2009, 03:52 PM
Used to use mine every day even if snowing, the car seemed to go up hills a lot better with the traction control off.

Took it Goodwood last year in the snow with a Boxter S, TVR tuscan, S2000 and BMW Z4. Only mine made it up the hill near Arundel, I had to turn round and go back to meet the others!

leigh

It was quite fun when it started snowing last year at Goodwood. The fun soon faded when trying to get home.

http://www.noelwatson.com/blog/content/binary/DSC00117m.JPG

mutley
05-02-2009, 04:10 PM
Seeing as we are doing snow pictures...... My BM is quite clear as I had to use it to go to the gym in the morning, but the poor NSX had to just sit and take it.

Silver Surfer
05-02-2009, 11:48 PM
Jim,

You left your pop-ups up!

SS

mutley
05-02-2009, 11:53 PM
Jim,

You left your pop-ups up!

SS

My pop ups, are perma-up!!!! I used to put them up and down manually, BUT the drivers side is totally siezed now.

Got another set to put on and is high up on the priority list. I think there is a few problems to try and solve about the lights, so will have to tackle them one little prob at atime.

Jim