PDA

View Full Version : Engine cover?

eclipse1501
17-03-2009, 04:27 PM
Im sure it will have been discussed here but can anyone tell me do the mesh engine covers contribute to any more cabin condensation, heating up etc? (Noise i'm not the least bit worried by)

I looked at the Cantrell lexan/window SoS advertise but its so hard to get a delivery from SoS to Spain, they dont deliver to residential addresses :eek: plus its very expensive so Im thinking about a regular mesh job. Thanks for any guidance.

NSXGB
17-03-2009, 04:35 PM
Im sure it will have been discussed here but can anyone tell me do the mesh engine covers contribute to any more cabin condensation, heating up etc? (Noise i'm not the least bit worried by)

I looked at the Cantrell lexan/window SoS advertise but its so hard to get a delivery from SoS to Spain, they dont deliver to residential addresses :eek: plus its very expensive so Im thinking about a regular mesh job. Thanks for any guidance.

I've never noticed any condensation at all and I've had a mesh style cover for 2 years or so.

Noise wise l do notice a little top end chatter that was masked before....my valve clearances are ok before you ask....

amo
17-03-2009, 08:48 PM
hi mate
unless you get it sent to some 1 in the uk then pop over at japfest drive or fly lol

thx amo

AR
17-03-2009, 11:13 PM
The one thing they do is allow more dirt to hit the rear hatch. If you want a plexiglass one, why don't you use your OEM one a the basis for it? It will surely be cheaper. Just take it to a paintshop, have them smooth and paint the top any colour you like, have them cut a vent in the desire shape, and fix it with windscreen adhesive. :)

eclipse1501
18-03-2009, 06:55 PM
Thanks guys. I know a few people on Prime who did the same DIY thing as you mention ARy. Thanks for those other PMs also. I still look at the [EP233] on SoS and think it just seems a chunk of money for a plastic lid
http://www.scienceofspeed.com/products/exterior_performance_products/NSX/Cantrell_Concepts/engine_cover/default.asp

NSXGB
18-03-2009, 07:40 PM
Or you could always try this one:
http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/testvb/vbclassified.php?do=ad&id=38

Very well priced too....;)

Either keep the mesh or replace with plexiglass....

JP825
18-03-2009, 07:49 PM
Or you could always try this one:
http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/testvb/vbclassified.php?do=ad&id=38

Very well priced too....;)

Either keep the mesh or replace with plexiglass....

How much are you looking for this?

donnac
18-03-2009, 09:05 PM
I bought the last one down from the three pictured last year and i believe it adds something to the car. Most people are fascinated by this type of thing on a car as they don't expect it and its only when they get close to the car that they are taken by it. I had mine customised by having both ends of it painted the same colour as the car but whilst retaining the H badge at each side in carbon. If you can make one then it would save you a few quid. :)

NSXGB
18-03-2009, 09:13 PM
How much are you looking for this?

£60 + Post....

AR
18-03-2009, 11:00 PM
£60 + Post....

Good deal for someone.

Regarding other cover IMHO the OEM NSX-R is the one to have.

Cheers,

AR

JP825
18-03-2009, 11:03 PM
I am very interested you have pm.:)

eclipse1501
19-03-2009, 05:21 PM
Ive been quoted on this forum over £1100 + shipping for that one:eek: must be something!

Good deal for someone.

Regarding other cover IMHO the OEM NSX-R is the one to have.

Cheers,

AR

TheSebringOne
20-03-2009, 02:09 AM
Must be lined with 24 carat gold! I thought you couldn't purchase NSX Type R parts unless you own one or know someone who can supply a chassis number and theres only 3 known ones in the UK.

eclipse1501
13-09-2010, 07:04 PM
The one thing they do is allow more dirt to hit the rear hatch. If you want a plexiglass one, why don't you use your OEM one a the basis for it? It will surely be cheaper. Just take it to a paintshop, have them smooth and paint the top any colour you like, have them cut a vent in the desire shape, and fix it with windscreen adhesive. :)

My engine cover was looked pretty shabby....its almost 20 years old now.... so rather than spend a fortune on shipping one from the states which i liked i had a cabinet maker friend of mine put one together. Colour is not important as of course you can make your own choices but i got mine painted with a two pack copy of the Formula Red R77 on my 1991 Acura. I just need to get the engine dressed properly now...NSX tank cover and all.

eclipse1501
13-09-2010, 07:08 PM
Got the red done in a two pack copy of the old R77 Formula Red colour. Window frames / gaskets painted black.

eclipse1501
13-09-2010, 07:11 PM
I asked my cabinet maker to make sure we could refit the heat resistant liner material so he made some window frames which he used to secure the material neatly around the window edges.

eclipse1501
13-09-2010, 07:14 PM
Fitted the window with some aluminium bolts to dress it. Looks quite nice through the rear view mirror. You could use other colours combinations to your own taste of course.

eclipse1501
13-09-2010, 07:19 PM
And then the lights went out! By the time it was assembled back together with rubber seal etc my camera phone was struggling with the bad light -but you can get the idea. I will put a couple on in next few days in daylight outside. Enjoyable exercise and saved myself a few $$$ - just gonna spend a bit of it dressing up engine now i suppose.