PDA

View Full Version : TCS Light and Check Engine Light

Martin
19-03-2009, 04:14 PM
Hi all

The above 2 warning lights come up on my dash. I believe the same thing happened nearly 5 years ago after I first bought the NSX, and I believe it was an oxygen sensor back then. I'm assuming its likely to be the oxygen sensor again. Apart from being ripped off by Honda for an oxygen sensor, where else could I source one at a better price?

Cheers
Martin

AR
19-03-2009, 04:42 PM
Martin,

You can get generic ones off ebay or NGKs from SOS.

With a generic one is a case of splicing the new one onto the OEM plug. Mind you it can be a pain in the neck of a job, as you can't use penetrating oil, heat can be used, but it can be tricky.

Cheers,

Ary

Silver Surfer
19-03-2009, 06:10 PM
Use your recommended NSX tech....he got mine 2 yrs ago. ;)

SS

Senninha
19-03-2009, 06:14 PM

SS

Funny! :laugh:

britlude
19-03-2009, 06:52 PM
best bet is to find out what the check engine light and tcs light fault codes are, once you have found them we can decode them and see what the problem is!

Martin
19-03-2009, 08:50 PM

SS

Thanks SS. I spoke to him and he said there is a good possibility that it is oxygen sensors, but to be certain, that he would need the car to read the fault codes. At the moment he lives approx 1 hour away from me, so its a bit of a pain bringing the car over just to read the codes.

How do you read codes by the way? Is this something I could do?

Cheers
Martin

PS thanks everyone for your help by the way

NSXGB
19-03-2009, 09:24 PM
How do you read codes by the way? Is this something I could do?

Cheers
Martin

PS thanks everyone for your help by the way

http://www.nsxprime.com/wiki/Trouble_Codes

Martin
20-03-2009, 06:23 PM
Thanks

Hopefully I will be wiser after looking at it.

Cheers
Martin

PS you may be interested, a pair of sensors is £560 from Honda, or $133 from Science Of Speed!!!!!!

Midnight Blue
23-03-2009, 01:55 AM
[quote=Martin;

PS you may be interested, a pair of sensors is £560 from Honda, or $133 from Science Of Speed!!!!!![/quote]

Or about 18 pounds including postage for a pair of the universal type from eBay.

Cheers,

Andy