PDA

View Full Version : Oil & Filter change

Steve
30-03-2009, 01:04 PM
Hi guys
need to change my oil and filter and would like to know what you recommend I use, and where to purchase.

Also, just flew through an mot, but brake lines are just starting to show slight corrosion, so thought I would change them now for braided stainless steel ones. Again what do you recommend and where to buy.

Thanks for your help
Steve

AR
30-03-2009, 01:36 PM
OEM filter from Honda, get the tall one if possible.

As for the lines, the problem with braided ones is that you can't inspect them as they are braided. people have used goodridge with good results.

Cheers,

AR

Silver Surfer
30-03-2009, 03:39 PM
Goodridge hoses on ebay for £59....I've bought a set last week, received 2 days ago. Good quality!!

SS

Steve
30-03-2009, 11:45 PM
Great help guys. Thanks

Silver Surfer
31-03-2009, 01:31 PM
Even cheaper here:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Honda-NSX-1991-1996-Goodridge-Braided-Brake-Hoses_W0QQitemZ300293192068QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_C arsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item30029319206 8&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1683%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C 240%3A1318

SS

snowman01
07-04-2009, 09:38 AM
Hi,
A bit of advice ref the brake hoses, the teflon lined hoses with stainless steel fittings will last a very long time and never need replacing, unless they are scuffed. You will see any abrasion externally and if fitted correctly this should never occur anyway. I do not advise rubber with braid over, as this is not as good as the rubber can perish also I suspect not much cheaper! Rubber hoses on my Discovery perished inside 8yrs!
I work in the airline industry where we use aeroquip teflon hoses and they are not lifed, I have see them on 20yr old plus aircraft and they are fine even working at 3000psi. Check the spec carefully!

markdas
07-04-2009, 09:44 AM
Good advice on braided hoses, Goodrich do have a good reputation tho'

Rubber hoses lasting 8 years on a Disco - lucky bas*ard, thats a record

Rubber hoses on Aeroflot hose have been known to still be fitted :D

I think its teflon stuff we have spec'd for all offshore helicoptors, can't be wrong!

Mark

markc
07-04-2009, 11:00 AM
Hi,
A bit of advice ref the brake hoses, the teflon lined hoses with stainless steel fittings will last a very long time and never need replacing, unless they are scuffed. You will see any abrasion externally and if fitted correctly this should never occur anyway. I do not advise rubber with braid over, as this is not as good as the rubber can perish also I suspect not much cheaper! Rubber hoses on my Discovery perished inside 8yrs!
I work in the airline industry where we use aeroquip teflon hoses and they are not lifed, I have see them on 20yr old plus aircraft and they are fine even working at 3000psi. Check the spec carefully!

Good advice on braided hoses, Goodrich do have a good reputation tho'

Rubber hoses lasting 8 years on a Disco - lucky bas*ard, thats a record

Rubber hoses on Aeroflot hose have been known to still be fitted :D

I think its teflon stuff we have spec'd for all offshore helicoptors, can't be wrong!

Mark

Good advice chaps. Braided is old tech and more "show" than "go" theses days. Same with fuel lines and even Nitrous Oxide (N2O) supply lines.

Cheers

Mark