PDA

View Full Version : ABS help

Minch
05-04-2009, 07:55 PM
Helllllooooo :)

Not been on here for a while . . . hope you guys are all well.

I bet you're surprised but I still have the NSX. She's been tucked away in the garage for aaaaages but tomorrow she's heading off for the ABS modulator swap out. I can't for the life of me find the step-by-step instructions I found online for how to change it? Has anyone else found this thread or have any idea where it might be? Its just I would rather have it for the garage rather than let them find out how to do it by trial and ERROR!!!!!

PS . . . can't make Japfest as I'll be at a wedding (not mine . . . thats in JUNE :) . . . )

Cheers
Nathan

AR
05-04-2009, 08:08 PM
No clue on the instructions Minch but nice to have you posting back again.

I think Amo and Hagasan both have the new ABS units.

Cheers,

AR

Minch
05-04-2009, 08:23 PM
Thanks AR . . . its nice to be back. Business is going well so hopefully among getting married and possibly moving house I might find a little bit of cash to splash out on her again :)

I'll let you know how they get on replacing the old unit.

Kaz-kzukNA1
05-04-2009, 08:35 PM
... tomorrow she's heading off for the ABS modulator swap out....

Hi, Nathan. I hope you are refering to the latest ABS system rather than the old one. It would cost more to replace the old ABS system with the same spec than upgrading to the latest one.

You'll need the adaptor loom for the upgrade.

Regards,
Kaz

Minch
05-04-2009, 08:51 PM
I've got a second hand one already. Gonna try this approach and if its a no-go then I will upgrade. Thanks for the tip . . . I'm a bit out of touch with this since the poor girl has been agarged for the best part of a year!

Minch
05-04-2009, 08:52 PM
Kaz! I see you're in Bucks too :) Where abouts?

Hagasan
05-04-2009, 09:02 PM
Kaz! I see you're in Bucks too :) Where abouts?

Thought I's say hello to! I'm just over near Rickmansworth. I am going to do the later ABS unit upgrade at somepoint. If you get stuck then my serviceable old system would be available if you needed parts. I'm only changing mine for the hell of it as I have the rest of the 02+ brakes already fitted. My old system is still in the car fully working so I will be doing other mods first....

Cheers,

Gary

Minch
05-04-2009, 10:05 PM
Thanks Gary. I have '02 calipers and grooved discs, braded lines etc. To be honest I prefer cars without ABS but need some sort of system fitted purely for resale at a later date.

Could you PM your contact details just in case I don't have any luck with this other unit?

Thanks
Nathan