PDA

View Full Version : Speed Sensor?

Minch
07-04-2009, 03:38 PM
Hi Guys,

The garage reckon that the ABS Speed Sensor is out which they are going to do first before playing with the modualtor. Can someone let me know the cheapest place to buy?

Thanks
Nathan

lotusolly
07-04-2009, 09:25 PM
I had to replace one last year. Ordered from Dali and was $110 delivered to my door for a genuine honda part. Dont know if any of the other places (ie sos) supply honda parts.
Think Honda uk quoted about £370!!!
Britlude also changed one at about the same time and posted some helpful instructions on here.
Hope thats of some help

Olly

Minch
08-04-2009, 06:59 AM
Cheers Olly. Managed to get it quoted from HOnda at £191 . . . I would normally ordered from abroad but for the sake of having to wait even longer to get it back I thought "What the Hell" and just got it from Honda.

NSXGB
08-04-2009, 08:02 AM
SOS will supply OEM Honda stuff, you just have to ask. If it's JDM stuff though you might have to give them a couple of weeks lead time.

Paul G
08-04-2009, 09:35 AM
Hi Nathan,

I have just had 2 Gen Honda ones fitted (190.00 plus VAT - I did manage to get 10% discount off the price), got car back last night and the TCS list still comes on every now and then! On mine the problem happens around 2000 - 2500 rpm. Not sure what the problem is at present, but it's going back for further investigation. It seems bit of a nightmare to get to the bottom of this type of fault. As I'm sure your aware the sensors cant be sent back, but I guess you don't have to much of a choice?

Good luck, let us know how you get on.

Cheers
PG

Minch
08-04-2009, 09:54 AM
Cheers Paul, thing is the ABS modulator has been buzzing away since I got the car but the lights on the dash only started to come up and polay around with the TCS about a year after. I think the speed sensor has caused the issues with the TCS and lights but there is still the modulator issue. Luckily its my finacee's dad's garage so the labour charge will be reduced :) . . . fingers crossed it gets sorted soon though as it does take the shine off an otherwise lovely car to drive.

Minch
09-04-2009, 12:22 PM
Apparently they are on back order and not avaiable until 29th MAY!!!!

Does anyone have one in stock? Or one they can take off a broken NSX?

Kaz-kzukNA1
09-04-2009, 12:50 PM
Hi, Nathan and Paul.

If you are 100% sure that it was caused by the wheel speed sensor, then please ignore the following part.

If you are getting ABS or/and TCS warning light, the error code will be registered inside the memory unless you have reset them (removing the ABS #2 & 3 fuses, removing the battery cable, etc). You can recall and decode the error code by following the procedure on the online manual (Prime Wiki and from other sources). This will provide you with some idea on where to look at in order to diagnosis the problem.

If you are using the old design ABS (makes squeaking noise, from time to time), then it is best to flush the fluid once a year and also activate the 4 solenoids as well. There is a good write up at the following link. http://www.danoland.com/nsxgarage/brakes/abs/abs.htm

I normally use Honda Tools with these switches and pins.
5184 5181 5183 5182

If you ran out of luck with the parts supply, please send me an email through this site. I just ordered lots of parts to Japan so you missed the window but may be I can help you for the next time.

Regards,
Kaz

Paul G
10-04-2009, 12:30 PM
Hi Kaz,

many thanks for the info, much appriciated. I will see how we get on!

Have a great Easter Break to all NSXers!

Cheers
pg