PDA

View Full Version : After market Steering Wheel

josewick
09-04-2009, 09:44 PM
I bought myself a Momo wheel, with a boss unit. But i cannot get the horn working... Can someone help??

Thanks

amo
10-04-2009, 09:50 AM
hi mate if i can remember may be its the earth ??
thx amo

NSX 2000
10-04-2009, 09:54 AM
But i cannot get the horn working... Can someone help??

Thanks

I find that if I get an attractive woman to rub it then that works :laugh: :cantlook: :laugh:

NSXGB
10-04-2009, 09:58 AM
I find that if I get an attractive woman to rub it then that works :laugh: :cantlook: :laugh:

:laugh:

What hub did you buy? Is it one that you have to remove the cable reel?

Did you manage to disable the SRS light?

Kaz-kzukNA1
10-04-2009, 12:23 PM
Hi, josewick.

Unless your car is Type-R or Type-S, you have the cable reel under the steering wheel. This cable reel is used for the circuit of SRS, Horn and Cruise control.

Depending on the electrical connection of hub, horn switch and chassis frame, you need to create GND/earth circuit for the horn and/or cruise control to operate correctly especially if you have removed the cable reel. Also, you need to create short circuit on the 6 pin connector to disable the SRS warning light on the dash.

Without looking at your horn switch and boss, it’s difficult to recommend the connection but there are lots of nice information on NSX Prime. Try to search the 'DIY' section with the term ‘horn’ and you may find the same boss and horn switch combination as yours.

Regards,
Kaz

NSXGB
10-04-2009, 12:33 PM
Also, you need to create short circuit on the 6 pin connector to disable the SRS warning light on the dash.

Bridge pins 4 & 6.

josewick
10-04-2009, 05:48 PM
Thank you guys.. i will take a look...

Joe

Sudesh
10-04-2009, 08:32 PM
Thank you guys.. i will take a look...

Joe

I have the MOMO tuner wheel and NSX-R hub. If you need any info on install let me know. I used a very simple mod to get the horn going.