PDA

View Full Version : Flashing Green light!

Paul G
30-04-2009, 12:17 PM
Hi Guys,

Some of you may have seen that I have had 2 new TCS sensors fitted, as at around 2500 RPM the TC light would flash on for a few seconds. The bads news, apart from the cost, is that the TCS light still comes on!

Just wondered if anyone has any ideas on what else I could try (well, not me as I'm not good at technical stuff!) The only thing different on my car is that I now have the later style (16 /17" seven spokes)alloys fitted? I'm going to put the original ones back on, just to make sure, but to be fair the TCS light started to come on before the wheels were changed around, so not to sure thats going to help matters

Any advice or thoughts much appreciated.

Cheers
Paul G

AR
30-04-2009, 12:38 PM
Have you checked that the tyres are the proper sizes and that they are inflated to the correct pressure?

Cheers,

AR

Paul G
30-04-2009, 12:44 PM
Hi AR,

Tyres pressures spot on, but will check tyres sizes tonight.

Thanks
PG

Senninha
30-04-2009, 12:47 PM
Have you checked that the tyres are the proper sizes and that they are inflated to the correct pressure?

Cheers,

AR

Paul, as Ary says and also, are all tyres same brand / condition. I'm thinking (yes, I now have a headache), if you have new fronts with worn rears, you could just tip over the 5% margin the system accomodates.

IMO, changing to the later rims will have no impact on the system as in stock condition it retaind the OEM balance.

HTH, Paul

Paul G
30-04-2009, 02:08 PM
Hi Paul,

Spooky, I put 2 new tyres on the front when I had the wheels refurb'd, rears seemed ok so didn't change them. There are the same make etc, but you now have me thinking...which could be dangerous ;-)

I'll be checking the tread levels tonight

Thanks for the advice, much appriciated, as allways

PG

Kaz-kzukNA1
30-04-2009, 02:10 PM
Hi, Paul.

When I read your original reply to other member's post regaring the 'Speed sensor', I thought you were getting the YELLOW TCS Warning light (at the top of the instrument meter/gauge panel) and thus your mechanic replaced the 2 TCS/ABS wheel speed sensors.

However, if you are saying that you were getting the GREEN TCS Operation light (at the bottom of RPM meter), then it's a different story.

With the limited information here, I don't know why your mechanic decided to replace these two wheel speed sensors unless you received ABS and/or TCS YELLOW warning lights and decoded the error code that diagnosed as wheel speed sensor failure.
Getting flashing GREEN TCS light means TCS is 'activated' and not related to any failure modes or sensor failure.

For your reference, I have Honda 16/17" wheels on my NSX. It's '94 model so pre-DBW and thus, the TCS is not great. I disabled it long-long time ago.
The OEM tyre size for 16/17" combination is 215/45/16 and 245/40/17.
Due to the availability of the tyres in UK, one year, I was running 225/45/16 and 255/40/17. With this combination, I used to get Green TCS operation light especially going through the roundabout or at the time of sudden change in the direction. My car is everyday car and when I was on OEM tyre size, I never experienced this kind of TCS behaviour on the same road so as Ary said, may be your tyre size is affecting your TCS?

As my TCS is disabled now, I can't test anything for you with ease but if you need further inforamtion, please let us know.

Regards,
Kaz

Paul G
30-04-2009, 03:35 PM
Hi Kaz,

Many thanks for your response, I will take a look tonight and report back. It's interesting to hear about your similar problem, I have my fingers crossed that it could be down to tyres and not even think about anything electrical ;-(

Thanks to all who have offered advice, it really is appriciated and a good feeling that we are all part of a very Unique group!

Cheers
PG

Off home to get up close and personal with my tyres...

AR
30-04-2009, 03:55 PM
Paul G,

The NSX TCS is not the most user friendly, have you as a last resort considered running without it.

Cheers,

AR

Paul G
30-04-2009, 09:52 PM
Hi AR,

I may have a re think after some of the comments, and do agree that it's no big deal running without it, I guess I'm miffed as to what the problem is and it grinds on me. I have checked tyre size tonight and I have the correct size etc, the only thing being that the rears can with the wheels and I woul dimagine to be a few years old with around 3mm tread left, the fronts are new and done around 500 miles max. I will put the original wheels back on at the weekend and give the car a run to see what results I get, maybe two new rear tyres worth a try?! I would like to get sorted in case I go really mad and put the car on Pistonheads! everytime I think about selling I seem to think of many reason to keep it, hence the last 9 years and 40,000 miles ;-)

Cheers
PG