PDA

View Full Version : poly bushes

HONDANSXR
04-05-2009, 09:43 AM
hi all anyone know where i can get poly bushes for the front end to fit 91 my
many thanks pj

forumadmin
04-05-2009, 01:50 PM
There are poly bushes for items like the anti roll bars mounts, and steering rack mounts. However I do not know of poly bushes for all suspension points. If I did, I would have them by now. :)

There is a guy on NSXPrime called TitaniumDave, who makes spherical bearings for all joints however. I have some for the rear suspension.

NSXGB
09-05-2009, 08:54 AM
There are poly bushes for items like the anti roll bars mounts, and steering rack mounts. However I do not know of poly bushes for all suspension points. If I did, I would have them by now. :)

There is a guy on NSXPrime called TitaniumDave, who makes spherical bearings for all joints however. I have some for the rear suspension.

Is it not possible to DIY polyeurethane bushes by making a mold from an OEM bush with say dentists alginate or such like? I would guess the tolerances don't have to be too tight?

On another point you made about spherical bearings for our cars, I've been looking at making some front drop links like :

Out of parts from here:
http://www.rallydesign.co.uk/index.php?cPath=1113_1801

Quite simple to make up from their list of parts, just need to confirm the spacers and bolts....

A rough estimation would be in the region of £80 for a pair of adjustable front drop links which is about what you'd pay for the ones from D**i before shipping and taxes at the current exchange rate. I think the OEM drop links are possibly that each side?
Also there could be a cheaper supplier of the drop links but I've used Rally Design lots before and are pretty good with prices and their products.