PDA

View Full Version : Racing Brake upgrade kit

Senninha
15-05-2009, 07:53 PM
http://www.racingbrake.com/NSX_FRONT_91_05_p/2128-311-4331.htm

Anyone using this or know any other info? I know a few guys here are using the discs, but dont know about the calipers etc

regards,

AR
15-05-2009, 09:31 PM
I would be interested in knowing how well they would cope with UK salted roads!

markc
16-05-2009, 09:39 PM
Hi Paul,

The full kit including calipers looks like a good deal at the moment, effectively just $343 for 2 new calipers over the the price for the oversize disc (rotor) kit.

I'm not sure you'd get much of a performance advantage over the oversize disc kit only though. This would be down to increased pad area. It doesn't say what the pad area is but it doesn't look to be much if any bigger than the stock pads.

At that price differance I'd be tempted to go for the full disc and caliper set but I'd want to change the rears to oversized discs at the same time to retain factory brake balance.

Cheers

Mark

Senninha
17-05-2009, 10:36 AM
Hi Mark,

I think I'm with you on this and if I make the change then it would be to the disc/pad upgrade with OEM calipers.

However, I would also take the time to refurb the calipers with new seals etc and include the ABS system for fluid change. Any thoughts on the merits of updating the ABS to the later 02+ version?

regards, Paul