PDA

View Full Version : Octane Magazine #72 June 2009 NSX

eclipse1501
19-05-2009, 02:34 PM
6 page NSX feature entitled The Great Pretender in June 2009 Octane magazine reviewing a 1990 car. I don't like the article title before i even read it but won't ruin your fun by reviewing it for you here. By the way am i eligable to claim any expenses from West Minster having posted this message? Even if Iam not eligable can i not just claim something anyway...

markc
19-05-2009, 03:02 PM
If it's the issue currently on sale it's titled "The Cool issue".

They list the 25 Coolest cars, Jaguar XKSS is in their opinion THE coolest, other Cool stuff and the Coolest people which include Steve McQueen and James Hunt :)

By appearing in the same issue is the NSX cool by association? They drive HUK's own 1991 Red/Black Auto. There are a couple of nice pictures of the NSX.

Cheers

Mark

eclipse1501
20-05-2009, 06:00 AM
Thankfully the NSX is nothing to do with the 25 cars Octane voted on their cool list. The stand alone article is pretty complimentary but i cant help thinking its written by someone just too young to really appreciate what the NSX was back in 1990.

As the article says the NSX pictured is Honda's own G reg (Aug 89-Aug 90 as i remember?) and i also remember at the time i was running the "hatch back of the year" Peugeot 309 GTI which was a really great car itself but how i would have loved to be able to afford a new NSX at the time.

sorepaws
20-05-2009, 09:40 AM
I have scanned the article and attached it (hopefully) I apologise that it isnt crystal clear but the file limit for attachments was the driving factor !

You can decide for yourself the tone of the article

Sublime
20-05-2009, 10:10 AM
I have scanned the article and attached it (hopefully) I apologise that it isnt crystal clear but the file limit for attachments was the driving factor !

You can decide for yourself the tone of the article

Thanks for that, interesting article...