PDA

View Full Version : Replacing Toe Control Arm

Kaz-kzukNA1
01-06-2009, 03:37 PM
Hi, all.

As a part of refresh on the suspension area and in order to get hold of spare arm for the future parts development, I decided to replace the toe control arm.

1. Removing the old arm.
Separating the ball joint is not too bad for this one. It will be a nightmare for the ones at the upper/lower on the knuckle/hub carrier.

2. Comparison of old/new parts
Decided to try the Type-R bush on this occasion. Will be using the old arm for the development.

3. New one installed. Time for another alignment service....

5586 5587 5588

Regards,
Kaz

Senninha
01-06-2009, 03:41 PM
.......Decided to try the Type-R bush on this occasion. Will be using the old arm for the development.......
Regards,
Kaz

Hi Kaz,

Are you able to determine any difference now the R bushes are installed?

regards, Paul

nigel
01-06-2009, 10:32 PM
Sir Kaz, i've had good luck with a tape measure and a mate to hold the other end in the past if your only doing toe adjustments. Good way to save a few quid and get the adjustment you want and be sure it's correct.
Don't forget to roll the car forward and then back again about 3 meters to allow the suspension to settle in the new adjustment every time you make a move. Even a small one!

Cheers
nigel

Senninha
02-06-2009, 12:11 AM
....... i've had good luck with a tape measure and a mate to hold the other end in the past if your only doing toe adjustments. Good way to save a few quid and get the adjustment you want and be sure it's correct.......

Thanx Nigel, this really made me smile for reasons you may never know :)

regards, Paul

nigel
02-06-2009, 02:46 AM
Paul, now I/we must know why!!

Cheers
nigel