PDA

View Full Version : limited edition NSX poster by Autotecart

autotecart
24-06-2009, 08:36 PM
Hello everyone

The NSXCB moderating team have kindly allowed me to upload this thread requesting the assistance of a kind hearted owner of a mint, late edition Honda NSX for a photoshoot that I will produce of their car for a very unique limited edition Honda NSX poster that I am creating which will, with the assistance of Honda UK also eventually be used to assist in raising money for charity.

As mentioned above, I am currently embarking on the production of a limited edition poster of the awesome Honda NSX which will become a unique pictorial tribute to this truly outstanding Japanese supercar, for all owners and enthusiasts to enjoy. Regarding all the poster that I create which are all hand rendered within the computer environment, this Honda NSX print will feature a photoshop rendered side view of the owners Honda NSX, a pictorial record of the owners vehicle down each side of the poster and a written specifications record of the Honda NSX outlining the car's history and its technical specifications. Also in the top right corner I will create a side view photoshop rendering of a JGTC Honda NSX GT car. I am hoping to secure the endorsement of Honda through displaying their corporate branding on the poster itself in return for Autotecart making a donation to charity from the sale of the prints.

I am currently producing a rough dummy visual of my intended NSX poster design which will be uploaded in due course. Recently, I have already completed a poster of the mighty Ford RS200 which has been created in association with Malcolm Wilsons M-Sport division in Cumbria to assist their designated charity, the Alice Tyson Foundation to raise valuable funds for this worthy cause. This completed artwork is currently with Ford in the USA for clearance on the Ford branding that appears on the poster itself. This completed poster will give you a true representation of the kind of rendering quality which the Honda NSX poster will look like, as this RS200 poster has now been completed in preparation for print. http://images.fotopic.net/?id=55678266&noresize=1 Other charity induced posters that I have created are of the Prodrive P2 on behalf of Prodrive, 2 unique one off posters for the Colin McRae Gathering remembrance day at Prodrive in 2008 and posters of the Impreza RB5 and RB320 on behalf of the RB Foundation charity in memory of Richard Burns. More information on our charity prints can be found on the website, www.autotecart.com

The completed posters that I produce side view renderings and the photographs contained within themmust reflect the cars as it came off the production line. Therefore, I am looking for the assistance of a owner of a mint, road going Honda NSX for a 90 minute photoshoot so that the images that I take will form the basis of the renderings and images dispalyed on the poster itself. A red or orange late spec car would be fantastic for sure! In all cases where I have created posters of various cars, I always travel to the owners location to save them putting mileage on their vehicles. All I would need is for the car to placed in a nice location for the photoshoot so that the images that I will take will offer everyone a great chance to see what a magnificent looking car the Honda NSX really is. For every owner who allow me to photograph their cars for the posters that I create, I present them with a complimentary photo cd containing about 300 images taken from the photoshoot and on its completion, a complimentary copy of the actual print in gratitude for allowing me to photograph their car on this unique Honda NSX print. As mentioned I do try and get the photoshoots done in about 90 minutes and of course on a dry sunny day if possible, but a overcast day would be more that sufficient.

I do hope that a kind hearted Honda NSX owner will allow me the unique opportunity to photograph their car for this commemorative poster that I am intending to produce, which will be a unique pictorial tribute to one of the very first and very best Japanese supercars ever to come from Japan.

I can be contacted on the email addresses listed below and with your assistance I can produce a great looking print for all Honda NSX owners and enthusiasts to enjoy.

Tony Jones
Creative Director

Autotecart Automotive Illustration
www.autotecart.com

tonyjones@autotecart.com

Paul G
24-06-2009, 09:32 PM
Hi Tony,

I'm sure someone will snap your hand off ;-)

Shame you didn't want an early one!

Good luck and congrats to who ever the lucky person is..... I only got one picture on CD when my car made Autocar ;-(

Cheers
PG

simonprelude
25-06-2009, 12:17 AM
I would be happy for my car to be used, it's a 1997 pop up headlight model so possibly not what you consider a late model. However it is in Imola Orange Pearl, the added bonus is I currently have a lot of time and great scenery around here in Somerset.

JQD84983
18-07-2009, 05:08 PM
Well Tony from Autotecart travelled up to Worksop today and took loads of pictures of my car for his proposed NSX poster. Thorough job Tony and hopefully we got some good results:)

He also left me a mock up of what the final thing will look like and also showed me the Skyline, Prodrive P2 and RS200 finished products which look fantastic.

I will bring the mock up to Silverstone for anyone who is interested as I think the final result is excellent. Someone more knowledgeable than I may well have useful comments on the text, but the images should be cool.

I will let everyone know how the pictures turn out.

Also took him for a spin as he had never had the pleasure of riding in an NSX. I think he would like to be an NSX owner given half a chance. ;)

Cheers

John

eclipse1501
19-07-2009, 04:31 PM
An early original NSX and an image of Senna somewhere would be my thought. Might be an opportunity missed just to produce another glossy NSX brochure picture.

amo
19-07-2009, 08:25 PM
very nice cant wait to see the end results

thx amo

JQD84983
19-07-2009, 08:28 PM
An early original NSX and an image of Senna somewhere would be my thought. Might be an opportunity missed just to produce another glossy NSX brochure picture.

Trouble is with that getting permission. He showed me the preliminary of the RS200 poster. Tony had to apply to Ford in US to use Ford & RS200 Logo and they flat refused. Also many who will accept require unrealistic royalties.

Honda still has to approve Logo use etc. so the Senna angle I think would be a real problem.

autotecart
23-07-2009, 10:17 AM
Hello everyone

As John mentioned I visited a great part of the world up near Worksop at the weekend and met up with John near his home to take pics of his awesome red NSX. John was a true gem in giving up his time to allow me to take the pics that I needed and I have to say what a pleasure it was to photograph it in a stunning location too. I would also like to thank him for taking me for a spin in his car after the shoot and I am now converted. I want to trade my P1 in now for a NSX!!! Absolutely superb!! So fast, so smooth and so quiet and even now after 15 years in production looks as good as any Ferrari or Porsche of the present day!!

Below are some pics that I would like to share with you all from the range of pics that I took on the day. Some of these will actually appear on the poster, but John has kindly agreed to allow me a second visit in the near future, closer to the completion of the poster artwork to re-take some of the ones that have not quite worked out. I dont want to upload a layout of what the poster looks like just yet as I want the poster to be in a final form before you all take a look at it. In that way it save uploading progressional images of the posters production. I would appreciate it if a techi person on here could possibly scan over the text that I wrote for the NSX. I may upload it for you all to take a look at and correct as you all see fit.

http://images.fotopic.net/yzk3gj.jpg
http://images.fotopic.net/yzk3go.jpg
http://images.fotopic.net/yzk3gk.jpg
http://images.fotopic.net/yzk3gm.jpg
http://images.fotopic.net/yzk3gn.jpg
http://images.fotopic.net/yzk3gl.jpg

Many thanks John for your kind words on the posters that I brought along to give you a idea of what quality would be produced for the NSX poster and as you mentioned, as good as the car manufacturers are, gaining permission to use their branding on anything is indeed a nightmare. Subaru UK and Prodrive are the only companies that have embraced the concept of what I am doing so far and their assistance and support has been invaluable, but I am hoping that Honda when they see the poster and its historical significance will get onboard and support the project by allowing me to use their branding on the poster artwork.

Regarding the RS200 poster, in order for me to use the official Ford branding on the poster, they wanted me buy a license from their UK subsidiary irrespective of the fact that it was going to be used to raise money for M-Sport's designated charity the Alice Tyson Foundation. I can understand companies protecting their brand identity, but its never a case that I would ever abuse it in any way shape or form. This meant a investment of 4 figures which was untenable for me at this time.

So, thanks to John and his invaluable assistance, the poster production is now underway and I hope to show you all what this product will look like in the near future.

Speak soon

Tony

autotecart
17-08-2009, 03:04 PM
Hello everyone, just posting a update on the poster progress.

The poster production is coming along very well and is about 70% complete at this time. The side view rendering of John's red 04 car is nearly finished too and I am working on the side view rendering of the Castrol liveried 99 *** touring car as we speak. This poster has been the most challenging yet as the actual car has so many curves and indents on it that it has been a challenge to make the bodywork look like the real thing.

The technical text is also being looked at at present, so that the information contained within it ties in with the 04 model car. John has also kindly allowed me a second visit to Worksop in the near future to re-take some of the images to appear on the poster itself.

So all in all, its coming along very well. I do not want to upload a progress visual as I want to display the final rendering for you all to see. Also, its the final version that will be seen by Honda for approving the branding that will be displayed on it.

A big thank you to all who have assisted in its production, when its ready I do hope that you will all wish to obtain a copy for your home or office wall.

tony