PDA

View Full Version : Ready for the sun

L23 NSX
06-07-2009, 06:34 AM
I bought my NSX in April with some help from the guys on the forum and it was in need of some TLC . The past few months have been interesting as I put in the time and money to get the car back to where it should be. Firstly I repaired and replaced everything that my local Honda mechanic said was either gone or likely to go, this has entailed the car being in and out of the dealership like a yo yo but its got to be done as I’m planning for the long term. The only thing that I didn’t replace with an OE part were the front discs and pads which I bought through VTEC Direct and received a good service. I had the upholstery repaired by Kellys in Edinburgh, they did a nice job. I had the alloys refurbed at JRM Coachworks in Edinburgh. I even got a new windscreen luckily through the insurance as it was over £1100 for the part. Last week I took my car to Paul at www.theultimateshine.com in Markinch. I left it with him for a few days and he did the full monty on the paintwork, washing and machine polishing to remove a lot of the scratches and generally bringing the car back to life. He also did the interior which is excellent and really invigorates the car. Paul did a really good job and I’d recommend him as I really got the impression that he was really into the job and it shows in the results. Finally I put on my number plate which I bought over a year ago from Ewan and I’m now ready to go. All I need now is to stop raining..can you believe it was hammering down with hail stones last night..the usual Scottish summer.

Lee

DAVEMAT
06-07-2009, 07:57 AM
Looking really well Lee, hope you get some sunshine to enjoy it with.

gsuds
06-07-2009, 08:43 AM
Temporary blip with the weather I'm sure Lee. Nice to see another NSX out & about locally now mine's gone....

Lookin good!

Cheers
Graham

Hagasan
06-07-2009, 09:45 AM
Car looks really nice, what does it cost in Scottish poonds? ( I'm Fae Kirkcaldy!!)

So should you be L33 NSX or the Car L23 NSX?!?!

Gary

L23 NSX
06-07-2009, 09:55 AM
I gave myself the name L23 as i wasn't yet an owner but I should probably change it now. My next purchase will be a car cover as the hail stones really pissed me off last night. Any car cover advice welcomed..

AR
06-07-2009, 07:09 PM
Looking good mate glad to have help unite a nice car and a nice owner.

vtecdirect
06-07-2009, 07:15 PM
Looking Great Lee, my mrs is damn jealous and wants a purple one like that. :D

Papalazarou
06-07-2009, 08:33 PM
Looking Great Lee, my mrs is damn jealous and wants a purple one like that. :D

They all want a purple one .

TheSebringOne
06-07-2009, 08:40 PM
Lee, car looks fab and you will enjoy it more, now that you have given it some serious TLC! :)

Senninha
06-07-2009, 09:16 PM
They all want a purple one .

NOthing for weeks and then you pop up and drag us into the gutter ... be off with you, you disgusting little man ...... :)

Lee,

Good to hear from you and well done on bringing your NSX to the standard you want. I wish you smiles of happy motoring

regards, Paul

amo
06-07-2009, 09:19 PM
congrats mate enjoy your car as i have mine
car cover i bought 1 off ebay cost me £10 lol could not get 1 to fit mine so got a xxl
but a mates got 1 for his r33 gtr cost about £300 but very good and fitted
sure some 1 else will jump in or maybe try ebay usa

thx amo

Senninha
06-07-2009, 10:09 PM
Look what I just stumbled across ....

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=125370

Looking fantastic Lee!!!!!!!

Steve
06-07-2009, 10:43 PM
Bought my car cover on ebay about 2 years ago, cost about £40 perfect fit. Try this link and have a look.
http://shop.ebay.co.uk/items/_W0QQ_dmptZUKQ5fCarsPartsQ5fVehiclesQ5fCarPartsQ5f SM?_nkw=car+cover+nsx&_sacat=0&_trksid=p3286.m270.l1313&_odkw=car+cover&_osacat=0

nsx60
07-07-2009, 04:04 AM
car looks fab , i am thinking of doing similar to NSX60 , got a place sorted for the wheels but does anyone know of a quality polishing company in the east midlands / notts / south yorkshire area ?

thanks

steve

DAVEMAT
07-07-2009, 08:12 AM
Steve,

You would do worse than to give Glyn a call at Elite, definately gets my recomendation

http://www.elitedetailer.co.uk/index.html

Cheers

Dave

Senninha
07-07-2009, 11:41 AM
Have a search on here for local detailers http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/ and will give you chance to see some of their work

HTH, Paul

car looks fab , i am thinking of doing similar to NSX60 , got a place sorted for the wheels but does anyone know of a quality polishing company in the east midlands / notts / south yorkshire area ?

thanks

steve

nsx60
11-07-2009, 07:04 AM
thanks for the info chaps

steve