PDA

View Full Version : stereo

edfitzie
09-07-2009, 07:27 PM
the cd changer in my car is a universal item, pioneer cdx-fm that connects via FM signal which is a very mediocre set up to say the least.
is it possible to get a CD changer to connect directly to the original head unit and be controlled by it.am thinking of getting the SOS , OEM to aftermarket harness and installing an alpine pdx4-100 amp with alpine spx 17 ref speakers. any advice greatly appreciated(and needed) as the installer hasnt a clue about the OEM set up

Sudesh
09-07-2009, 07:34 PM
the cd changer in my car is a universal item, pioneer cdx-fm that connects via FM signal which is a very mediocre set up to say the least.
is it possible to get a CD changer to connect directly to the original head unit and be controlled by it.am thinking of getting the SOS , OEM to aftermarket harness and installing an alpine pdx4-100 amp with alpine spx 17 ref speakers. any advice greatly appreciated(and needed) as the installer hasnt a clue about the OEM set up

The original head unit or the Apline CHA-S634 is the best, from what I read, to use on the OEM head unit.

NSXGB
09-07-2009, 07:38 PM
If you go for the Alpine 634 unit, you will have to either use tha ACUALP adaptor lead or swap round two of the pin outs in the DIN cable.

Shame, I sold one of those on here a short while ago...

Another option would be to attach your ipod to the standard system.

edfitzie
10-07-2009, 08:31 AM
what adapter do you need to attach to the original system?

Sudesh
10-07-2009, 10:29 AM
what adapter do you need to attach to the original system?

Its an Alpine to Honda adapter. You should be able to get it from most Alpine dealers. The Part No/Name is: ACUALP

If you do go the Alpine route make sure you also have the Alpine Ai-Net to M-Bus adapter part number: KCA 130B

c11nky
10-07-2009, 08:47 PM
Anyone know if there is a way to connect an ipod (ok, it's an Archos, but you get the gist) directly to the Bose in an NA1?

I've tried the FM transmitter route but the interference is outrageous.

Whose bright idea was it to put an engine between the ariel and the radio anyway???

Sudesh
10-07-2009, 08:53 PM
Anyone know if there is a way to connect an ipod (ok, it's an Archos, but you get the gist) directly to the Bose in an NA1?

Whose bright idea was it to put an engine between the ariel and the radio anyway???

Check this out:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=121560

Kaz-kzukNA1
10-07-2009, 09:19 PM
And some installation example;
5795 5796

You don't see track no close to 100 on CD so often....

You can control your iPod from the headunit directly including multiple Play List and also you can still use the click circle controller on the iPod directly.

The latest one even connects to the iPhone but I don't have one so can't comment on that.

Just make sure to get the correct version and latest spec.

Regards,
Kaz

c11nky
10-07-2009, 09:22 PM
Thanks for all this folks.

That looks like my weekend sorted. I might even consider getting an ipod...

...despite itunes!

JQD84983
11-07-2009, 11:51 AM

Get one of those cassette converters into the tape deck? Ugly but cheap and easy.

c11nky
12-07-2009, 09:55 AM
I've only had it 5 years, I don't know if the tape deck works. http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/testvb/images/icons/icon10.gif

Dragonlady
02-11-2009, 06:22 PM
Has anybody been able to find a supply in the UK who sells the PA11-HON adapter?

Also can anyone advise as to how easy is it to get to the CD connector behind the passenger seat?

Sudesh
02-11-2009, 07:49 PM
Has anybody been able to find a supply in the UK who sells the PA11-HON adapter?

Also can anyone advise as to how easy is it to get to the CD connector behind the passenger seat?

The CD connector lead comes out in the boot. There are 3 parts to the CD cable

1 bit, Runs from the head unit to behind the passanger seat, second bit runs from behind the seat through the fire wall in through the engine bay and comes out in the boot, 3rd piece runs from the connector in the boot from passenger side to drivers side where the OEM CD changer would be mounted. Depending on what CD changer you go for you may or may not need the adapter. You can install the Alpine CHM-S630 as a plug and play CD changer.

Sudesh
02-11-2009, 07:57 PM
When your standing at the back of the car, with the boot open, the cables are behind the carpet up at the top left corner. There are 2 which look similar, one dark blue cable [cd] the other is for [nav]

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j77/icongroup/NSX/DSC01370.jpg
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j77/icongroup/NSX/DSC01369.jpg
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j77/icongroup/NSX/DSC01368.jpg

Dragonlady
03-11-2009, 01:13 PM
The CD connector lead comes out in the boot. There are 3 parts to the CD cable

1 bit, Runs from the head unit to behind the passanger seat, second bit runs from behind the seat through the fire wall in through the engine bay and comes out in the boot, 3rd piece runs from the connector in the boot from passenger side to drivers side where the OEM CD changer would be mounted. Depending on what CD changer you go for you may or may not need the adapter. You can install the Alpine CHM-S630 as a plug and play CD changer.

Sudesh thanks for your reply. I don't want to install a CD changer but rather an Ipod connector, then have the ipod stored in the centre console between driver and passenger. (Something that Kaz has done with his)

So I am wondering how easy it is to get to that cable that runs from the head unit to behind the passanger seat. Can you advise.

Sudesh
03-11-2009, 01:46 PM
Sudesh thanks for your reply. I don't want to install a CD changer but rather an Ipod connector, then have the ipod stored in the centre console between driver and passenger. (Something that Kaz has done with his)

So I am wondering how easy it is to get to that cable that runs from the head unit to behind the passanger seat. Can you advise.

I take it your running with the OEM head unit?

To access the cable behind the passanger seat you need to remove the following.

1: Remove the long garnish at the top that runs along the window "NO13" this item pops out with gentle force, but you also need to raise it slighly as it has little metal inserts that slide down on to the next part.

2: Remove the left and right ganish "NO 14 & NO 3", these also just pop out but again, please use gentle pressure as its just very light chipboard covered in leatherette lol

3: Remove the centre arm rest. When you open your arm rest, basically the base inside needs to be pryed up, its just sitting loose, and there is usually a small recess at either the top or bottom of the panel where you can slide a prying tool or very small flat blade screwdriver in, to get it lifted. Once you get the panel lifted you will see 4 screws, unbolt and arm rest will come free.

4: With the arm rest free you then unbolt the centre panel [the one with the small speaker] This is held in by 5 screws all visible on the parts pic below. Please also disconnect the speaker, be gentle pulling the centre panel out as you dot want to strecth the speaker cable or damage the connection.

After removeing all that you have access to the cable

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j77/icongroup/NSXPARTS/REARGARNISH.jpg

Dragonlady
03-11-2009, 06:51 PM
Wow Sudesh thank you very much amazing level of detail, now my husband has the info to carry out the work - gulp.

Just out of curiosity does anyone know the part number for item 19 on the diagram as we belive that ours is damaged and may need to be replaced. Might as well do this at the same time.

Sudesh
03-11-2009, 07:49 PM
Wow Sudesh thank you very much amazing level of detail, now my husband has the info to carry out the work - gulp.

Just out of curiosity does anyone know the part number for item 19 on the diagram as we belive that ours is damaged and may need to be replaced. Might as well do this at the same time.

No problem!

Is you garnish damaged or just need the clips replaced?

NO:19 is, 91560-SL4-003 clip, £1.62

WhyOne?
03-11-2009, 08:57 PM
Those clips are little devils - I broke a couple of mine when I was rummaging about on the rear bulkhead - it is worth haveing a few spares ready and waiting to replace in inevitable breakages!

Dragonlady
04-11-2009, 10:25 AM
No problem!

Is you garnish damaged or just need the clips replaced?

NO:19 is, 91560-SL4-003 clip, £1.62

Looks like just the clip maybe broken. Thanks again.

duncan
05-11-2009, 09:18 PM
The long trim across the top is removed by sliding the whole panel UPWARD, the outer two clips are located in 'keyhole slot', I can't comment on the centre lip [as mine was broken], but I suspect it pops forward rather than sliding upwards. The infill panels behind the seats [3 and 14] pop forward, each with 4 clips, once removed their orientation when replaced is printed on the back of the panels.
So simple even a man can do it !

NSX100
08-12-2009, 02:45 PM
If there is one (very minor) drawback with my new NSX it is the antiquated cassette player. I have been reading the various threads, including this one, on the forum and while a simple and attractive option would be to replace the CD changer with an IPod this does nothing for the useless cassette player.

I know that there are various options available for the centre console and that these can be quite radical up to and including a sat nav pod etc but is there a relatively simple way of replacing the cassette player unit with something more useful that does not mean replacing the entire console or cutting holes in it?

Thanks for any advice.

David

AR
08-12-2009, 02:53 PM
I think Procar did something similar adding a USB port, but that would still leave the stick stick out.

If you are staying OEM and want something simple a casette adapter for the Ipod works well.

Hagasan
08-12-2009, 03:06 PM
I have the Grom Ipod adaptor brand new and I'd be willing to sell it. It plugs into the CD multichanger cable either behind the stereo, seats or boot area....and controls an Ipod direct from the OEM head unit. I've bought a Double-din Nav/ipod/cd unit and will be fitting that at some point. The Grom is unused except for checking it worked when delivered....even thought I haven't fitted the Double-din I haven't used the Grom, daft or what?!?!:no: