PDA

View Full Version : Recaro Pole Position Seats finally in.

NSXGB
09-07-2009, 07:48 PM
Taken a while due to many factors out of my control but I'm happy with the result. More headroom was the aim (I'm 6'3") which I've achieved with the bonus of a slightly more up to date interior and 23lbs weight saving.

I used BRIDE RO seat rails which were cut and re-welded to allow the seat to sit lower to the floor then attached with custom brackets.
If you don't need any extra headroom, cutting the rails is not necessary but I found the seats were about the same height as OEM or maybe slightly higher.

Sudesh
09-07-2009, 07:51 PM
Great job! would like to see more pics when you get a chance.

Is that leather and alcantara?

NSXGB
09-07-2009, 07:52 PM

NSXGB
09-07-2009, 07:54 PM
Is that leather and alcantara?

Seats are Ambla leather with Dinamica suede inserts. Door cards are trimmed in the same Dinamica suede.

NSXGB
09-07-2009, 09:01 PM
Finished dying the carpet black too while the seats were out. Cheers for the tip Sudesh.

Sudesh
09-07-2009, 09:12 PM
Finished dying the carpet black too while the seats were out. Cheers for the tip Sudesh.

I noticed that lol! The black carpet is a great wee touch and I'm really happy with mine too.

AR
09-07-2009, 10:09 PM
So you decided to follow the advice. :)

There really is no off the shelf solution.

Looks great.

AR

TheSebringOne
09-07-2009, 10:13 PM
Those seats look fantastic aswell as the door cards. :thumbsup: YHPM

Martin
09-07-2009, 10:17 PM
Taken a while due to many factors out of my control but I'm happy with the result. More headroom was the aim (I'm 6'3") which I've achieved with the bonus of a slightly more up to date interior and 23lbs weight saving.

I used BRIDE RO seat rails which were cut and re-welded to allow the seat to sit lower to the floor then attached with custom brackets.
If you don't need any extra headroom, cutting the rails is not necessary but I found the seats were about the same height as OEM or maybe slightly higher.

Great job. Looks good.

NSXGB
09-07-2009, 10:36 PM
Many thanks chaps.

I ended up with a spare seat rail (long story) hence the one I have for sale in the Marketplace. If anyone is interested in doing a similar project you can save yourself a few quid too in the process. ;)

Senninha
10-07-2009, 12:52 PM
I noticed that lol! The black carpet is a great wee touch and I'm really happy with mine too.

And talking of great wee touches ... the mirrors look well finished too.

Any further thoughts on painting / wrapping the seat shells?

It definately updates the interior ... whole car is looking really good

regards, Paul

NSXGB
11-07-2009, 08:26 AM
Thanks Paul.
I'm happy with the seat backs at the moment, I just wanted to get them fitted in the end. Might get it done at a later date though.
Glad someone noticed the mirrors. :)

And talking of great wee touches ... the mirrors look well finished too.

Any further thoughts on painting / wrapping the seat shells?

It definately updates the interior ... whole car is looking really good

regards, Paul

NSXGB
11-07-2009, 09:51 AM
Just made a slight improvement with the seat belts. As you can see from the first picture the seat belt catch slides down the belt and inside the seat when not in use which then gets in the way next time you get in. I bought some 'seat belt stops' which just snap through the belt to hold the catch up. Simples. Looks like it should be there and might be helpful for the OEM setup too if it bothers you.

£1.14 + delivery from PFS Parts Limited. :)