PDA

View Full Version : Clutch thrust race has gone on my 2003 nsx.

ian@thewrightevent.co.uk
13-07-2009, 04:44 PM
I have a twin plate clutch in my NSX and whilst it still drives with no slip at all, engaging gear is almost out of the question. Can I just drop the gearbox out? or is it the engine and box?
Has anybody got any idear? I have full workshop facilities, so not worried about the work, I just would love to know of any pitfalls or short cuts.

mutley
13-07-2009, 05:20 PM
HI,

I have done the clutch twice on my car with nothing more that some axle stands and a socket set ( more of less).

There is a thread here ( http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/testvb/showthread.php?t=4981&highlight=clutch )with pics of how I did it, if you have full workshop facilities than you're laughing.

Jim

markc
14-07-2009, 08:51 AM
A 2003 car should have a single plate clutch? Unless it's an NSX-R.

As Jim says it's a fairly standard gearbox out job. Not dissimilar to the same job in a front wheel drive car.

Mark

Senninha
14-07-2009, 08:56 AM
A 2003 car should have a single plate clutch? Unless it's an NSX-R.

Mark

You beat me to that one ... it's rumoured there is more than one around!

So is it or isn't it please?

NSX 2000
14-07-2009, 09:07 AM
I'm guessing ian@thewrightevent.co.uk has fitted an aftermarket clutch?

"Clutch thrust race has gone on my 2003 nsx"

ian@thewrightevent.co.uk
14-07-2009, 10:30 AM
HI,

I have done the clutch twice on my car with nothing more that some axle stands and a socket set ( more of less).

There is a thread here ( http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/testvb/showthread.php?t=4981&highlight=clutch )with pics of how I did it, if you have full workshop facilities than you're laughing.

Jim
Thanks for that Jim, What clutch have you used in the past.

Kaz-kzukNA1
14-07-2009, 01:46 PM
Hi.

With limited information, it is difficult to understand the detail of your issues but I guess you have a team of mechanics working for you so it would be interesting to know the reason to pull out the gearbox to investigate the clutch.

2003 NSX, 6MT, increased synchro capacity on all gears, fairly new and yet having gear shifting problem…
Not sure about your driving style, how the NSX is used, the mileage, etc and it seems that you have an aftermarket clutch so any further information would help us in assisting you.

Regards,
Kaz

mutley
14-07-2009, 04:38 PM
Thanks for that Jim, What clutch have you used in the past.

My clutch change was just your standard OEM.

Jim