PDA

View Full Version : NSX Type-S

OPT
20-07-2009, 07:21 AM
Hello NSXCB, hope you all are in good health and still enjoy every minute with your car!

Not sure if you remember me but I used to own a purple 1995 NSX-T a few years back. Now I've moved back to my country and are in search for another precious NSX to own. There is a 'NSX Type-S' (NOT S-ZERO) might be on the market,,,, would like to ask you guys if any of you have any first-hand experience with the car?? or have driven one??

Any information information would be helpful.

Thanks --- as always
OPT

simonprelude
20-07-2009, 07:43 AM
Markc is the only owner of a type S in the UK that we know about.
The seats alone would be enough reason for me to buy one :)

Rob_Fenn
20-07-2009, 07:50 AM
Is that Kiki? Your old Targa is for sale...

markc
20-07-2009, 09:32 AM
Markc is the only owner of a type S in the UK that we know about.
The seats alone would be enough reason for me to buy one :)

Mine's not for sale but it'd love to have a friend in the country :)

What colour is the car in question OPT?

Your old car was back on the market, and looking fab, just a few weeks ago if you fancied reuniting yourself with it?

Cheers

Mark

Sudesh
20-07-2009, 07:58 PM
Would be interesting to hear more about this other Type-S! Wonder what colour it is?

OPT
21-07-2009, 04:16 AM
Is that Kiki? Your old Targa is for sale...

I'm the one who inherited Kiki's NSX back in the day. Kiki has moved on but I'm still in love with this super Honda.

OPT
21-07-2009, 04:26 AM
Mine's not for sale but it'd love to have a friend in the country :)

What colour is the car in question OPT?

Your old car was back on the market, and looking fab, just a few weeks ago if you fancied reuniting yourself with it?

Cheers

Mark

Hi Mark. As much as I would like to reunite with my beloved car, I've moved back to Thailand about 2 years ago and always in search for a nsx (which is much harder to find over here!). But there's might be a white NSX Type-S coming on sale here,,, so would like an expert oppinion on the car pls :)

OPT

Sudesh
21-07-2009, 11:08 AM
But there's might be a white NSX Type-S coming on sale here:)

OPT

A white Type-S! Nice!, is it definately a real Type-S? Any photos?

markc
21-07-2009, 12:51 PM
Hi Mark. As much as I would like to reunite with my beloved car, I've moved back to Thailand about 2 years ago and always in search for a nsx (which is much harder to find over here!). But there's might be a white NSX Type-S coming on sale here,,, so would like an expert oppinion on the car pls :)

OPT

Ahh sorry, I read your message as you were coming back to the UK... doh

W.R.T the Type-S I'm afraid you won't get a very unbiased opinion from me, I think the car is fantastic :)

You had modified suspension etc on your car so you'll be used to a firmer ride but the Type-S is a lot firmer than the standard car. Bordering on uncomfortable for longer journeys but great for a shorter blast or indeed a bit of circuit lappery. Obviously it's a factory set-up so it is well developed compamise between standard and NSX-R. Chassis balance is very neutral, less understeery than a standard car but with the same NSX slow, lets call it calm, steering (mine has EPS which I prefer). Less roll from the rear makes for terriffic traction on anything but the bumpiest corner exits.

The car is fair bit noisier as well both from the engine bay, you can hear the valve gear tapping away, and road noise/tyre roar. The seats are great as well, pretty much idential to the NSX-R but with differant finish materials. If you're tall (I'm not) you may need a less padded swab, more like the standard Recaro PP swab, to fit in comfortably when wearing a helmet.

I think you'll be surprised how much "harder" (tougher/raw) the Type-S is than the stock machine but obviously it's several notches less hard/tough/rew than an NSX-R.

As for buying one, all the usual rules apply and they suffer the same (few) weak points of the regular NSX.

White's a good colour as well and I personally prefer body coloured roofs. I guess it'll have an all black interior? I hope it turns out to be a good one. Resist the temptation to turn it into an NSX-R replica, the Type-S is rarer (and better ;)) anyway.

Cheers

Mark

OPT
22-07-2009, 11:27 AM
Thanks v.much Mark. Your info has been very helpful as always and I'll keep u guys updated on the situation here in the far east!

OPT.

OPT
22-07-2009, 11:29 AM
A white Type-S! Nice!, is it definately a real Type-S? Any photos?

Will post photos as soon as I acquire it. But won't be anytime soon though.

Senninha
22-07-2009, 05:50 PM
White's a good colour as well and I personally prefer body coloured roofs. I guess it'll have an all black interior? I hope it turns out to be a good one. Resist the temptation to turn it into an NSX-R replica, the Type-S is rarer (and better ;)) anyway.

Cheers

Mark

Hope its a good one and as Mark suggests, try to keep such a rare car OEM ... or at least keep the bits so you can return it to OEM

Regards,