PDA

View Full Version : Tubi exhaust - what a growl !

howellr
23-07-2009, 02:48 PM
Hello,

I now have a Tubi exhaust on my NSX supplied by Scuderia systems and fitted by Strasse of Leeds.

Funnily enough, it just sounds like the video clip from the scuderia systems web-site. So, not much point in doing my own sound recording.

Nice Growl on startup but on normal tickover, there is no difference to the stock exhaust.

However, as I am accelerating, it's a much sportier sound. Even more people turn their heads now, as I pass.

It's about 2/3rds of the size of the standard box. Not sure about the weight difference.

Nik at Scuderia was very customer focussed and kept me informed of the progress of my order and install.

For anyone thinking of ordering one, the 3.2 needs adaptors, the 3.0 doesn't but Nik knows all about that now !

Strasse were a great bunch and made me a cup of coffee while I waited. They did a very professional job as far as I could tell.

The NSX has a flexible joint between the down pipe and the back box which needed ajusting (tightening or loosening) during fitting - you can see it on some of the pics.

I am a very happy camper ! My son says it sounds cool too.

Rod

howellr
23-07-2009, 02:52 PM
close ups...

Papalazarou
23-07-2009, 03:04 PM
I really like my tubi. The build quality's pretty good and it's not obtrusive.
The only down points: It drones a little around 2500 rpm but only when laboured. The tail pipes need a fair bit of adjustment to line up.

I bet they had to heat the bolts to get the old system off!

Cheers,

James.

howellr
23-07-2009, 03:19 PM
Hi James,
Yes, there is a bit of a drone under labouring but changing up soon fixes that :-)
And, if they did have to heat them up, I didn't see them do it. It seemed to be on quite quickly with just a small discussion over the length of bolts to use and their tightness. It was blowing when they first started it but then it soon stopped with ajustment.
Rgds

TheSebringOne
23-07-2009, 09:44 PM
Rod, looks great & having seen/heard the clip on their website, it sounds amazing! Really jealous and you beat me to it as I've seriously thought about upgrading to this system. :)

Don't suppose you could make the Silvertsone Classics so I can listen to it! :D Or maybe a mini N.W meet soon?

AR
24-07-2009, 07:30 AM
Tubi is a really nice system but too quiet for my liking. Hence is good for 99.99% of other owners! LOL Looks great BTW.