PDA

View Full Version : Tyres again!

TheSebringOne
31-07-2009, 10:42 PM
Sorry its tyres again! I'm thinking of upgrading my fronts to 225 40 16 from 215 45 16 as OEM are virtually impossible to get apart from Yokos which I don't want. On the way to & from Silvetstone last weekend the front tyres made alot of noise as they are a hard compound, although they've lasted a long time, I would like to upgrade to a softer/wider tyre and would compliment my wider 255 40 17 rears to balance things out. What are the good brands thats been tried & tested out there guys? Cheers :)

Lankstarr
01-08-2009, 12:51 AM
wait until next silverstone when you're going to drove your car again ... Then treat her to some new rubber for her yearly outing ;)

mutley
01-08-2009, 08:34 AM
it's probably that the rubber is starting to perish due to lack of use :P

Senninha
01-08-2009, 09:44 PM
it's probably that the rubber is starting to perish due to lack of use :P

Probably flat spotted them sitting in the garage ......... :rolleyes:

TheSebringOne
01-08-2009, 10:33 PM
Paul, theres nothing wrong with my front tyres. Just that the Dunlops are the OEM SP8050 which are the hardest & longest wearing of them all. Think I might try 225 40 16 Toyo Proxys TR-1? Anyone tried these? If no good, I might get OEM size BS RE040.

Kaz-kzukNA1
02-08-2009, 10:29 AM
Hi.

I only used 1 set of T1-R and as everyone has different chassis setup and driving style, please take these points into your consideration.

My NSX is every day car and at that time, I was using BS Potenza S03 Pole Position (S03-PP) before switching to T1-R for 1 set and then moved onto GY F1 GSD3.
The reason I switched to T1-R was simply, I couldn’t get hold of any S03-PP at that time.

The impression of T1-R was soft side shoulder, very quiet, very good in heavy wet even during winter, good enough dry grip for every day car.
I played a lot with tyre pressure and I also used different alignment setup so my comment could be different from other users.

Also, as I already disabled the TCS long time ago, I couldn’t confirm this on my NSX but with your tyre size and certain tyre pressure, I’m quite sure it will activate the TCS as I experienced this with my friend’s NSX.

With my setup and driving style, the rear BS 010 or S03-PP used to last just below 5,000miles whereas T1-R lasted over 8,000miles. With GSD3, it’s about 9,000miles on average.
If you don’t drive a lot, mileage information may not be so important for you.

The reason I switched to GSD3 from T1-R was that while I enjoyed T1-R for everyday commuting, I couldn’t get used to its soft side shoulder. Even with GSD3, it is not the same level of BS 010 but it is acceptable.

I think I’ll struggle to find GSD3 for the future so I hope YH will bring in Advan AD08 within this year to UK market…

Regards,
Kaz