PDA

View Full Version : Honda dealers to avoid

BabyNSX
08-08-2005, 11:45 PM
I've had a few good and afew bad experiences with main dealers. It would be good to have a list of bad experiences to determine which ones deserve the hard earned money of NSX owners.

Heres one of mine - When I took my car for a routine inspection to Crown Honda Bushey, it had a scratch on the offside wing when I got it back. Obviously where a mechanic was leaning over it. They of course deny all knowledge. Say goodbye to my business Crown Honda.

forumadmin
09-08-2005, 05:55 PM
Difficult one this. Other forums, won't allow posts in this way because the forum owner has no way of verifying if what someone is saying is true.

This can mean the site own can get into trouble. You will find that Pistonheads, and I think Honda Revs sites don't allow negative posts about dealers.

We can certainly allow people to recommend a dealer publicly.

Posssibly what we can do, is if someone is about to use a dealer ask for people's opinions. However keep anything negative in private messages.

I know it sounds like a cop out, but who wants to pay for my court costs if there are any?

UltraViolet
12-08-2005, 03:44 PM
Read the litigation that impacted Blatchat (IIRC) recently and be very careful. We looked into limited liability insurance for this sort of thing and even just the insurance cost to protect against being sued over a negative remark on a website was going to cost the Club over £1,500 !!! Hence why many forums (including Honda Revs) shy away from it.

We really wanted to have a dealer review section, but the legal stuff is scary - especially as they can (given the Club has very low funds) come after the Club 'owner' personally...... your home and assets could be at risk!

Nick Graves
22-08-2005, 04:12 PM
That is why any 'club' should be incorporated.

A pure internet group is nebulous and harder to sue though.

If you look at the UK branch of www.s2ki.com you will find a dealership survey, based upon our S2000 experiences.

(Not trying to pinch custom, you understand!) :wink:

Given the obviously larger sample space than here, it's probably better representative.

Hope it helps. LINK:

http://forums.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=158045

UltraViolet
23-08-2005, 11:36 AM
Already seen that one Nick (and no worries about 'pinching custom' as that is not why I am here, although obviously nice to have NSX owners in the Club - especially given the members car feature in the latest mag issue....). The format we looked at was more like that used by the Lexus Owners Club actually, but decided not worth the risk.

I have looked into becoming incorporated, but as we are a non profit making organisation we do not have to produce all the stuff we would have to if incorporated. As the Club is run in spare time only, additional tasks would just add workload and take time not available - hence just shying away from risky areas.

Didn't realise S2ki had become incorporated now. Or do you mean they are an internet group only? As for harder to sue - not sure that is acurate TBH - not looking at recent case law.

jamesn
24-08-2005, 04:32 PM
I don't think that the legal benefits of incorporation are accurately described as being easier to sue, but there certainly are benefits. The company is not more or less easy to sue but the liability of the shareholders is limited to the share capital and assets of the company. So should the company be sued for libel, the shareholders and directors will not be personally liable. At worst, the company will simply fold.

James

UltraViolet
26-08-2005, 11:03 AM
James - I am sure the purpose of suggesting becoming incorporated was intended to be for the limited liability status - not any bearing on being easier to sue.

There are benefits and there are downsides - currently the viewpoint is that the Club should remain as it is - non-profit making but also not incorporated. If the view changes, I know how to go about it.