PDA

View Full Version : Engine bay cooling fan

eclipse1501
22-08-2009, 11:03 PM
When my wife parks up her VW during the summer i can always hear the fan running on. Fine. But its just struck me ive never ever heard the engine bay fan / fans kick in on my NSX either during a long run or crawling in town, or any other time for that matter. Its 40+ degrees here and although my engine temperature display is fine I really thought i should have heard these fans by now???

AR
22-08-2009, 11:22 PM
Apparently it needs to be really high for it to start going.

Sudesh
23-08-2009, 09:50 AM
Yeah as Ary said, it needs to be very very hot to work, infact you may never ever hear it going.

The NSX-R didnt have a fan in the engine bay, and being in Japan with the thinner glass and mesh engine cover I guess its safe to say Honda realised it wasnt needed lol

The engine bay fan was also deleted on later manual NSX's from around 1994/1995 I think.

All auto's to production end kept the engine bay fan though, there may be a reason for this?

AR
23-08-2009, 11:30 AM
All auto's to production end kept the engine bay fan though, there may be a reason for this?

Maybe since they kept the 3 liter to the end it was just a case of that crate goes into that car!