PDA

View Full Version : Aa/ rac Inspection

sking666
27-08-2009, 10:25 AM
Has anyone ever used the AA or RAC to inspect a car for prior to buying?
I found one but its 240 miles away, and seems a bit of a gamble anyhoo.

DAVEMAT
27-08-2009, 11:20 AM
I used the RAC when I bought mine, as sods law I was just returning to work when the car was advertised.
I used their Prestige Inspection, and to be honest everything they told me was spot on, even down to the smallest of stonechips, and thankfully I never got any nasty suprises when I did pick it up, an agonising 10 weeks later.
I have just done the same with an XKR and can't wait to pick it up next Friday.

sking666
27-08-2009, 12:22 PM
how much was it if u dont mind me asking?
must be cheaper than a jaunt to cornwall and back:laugh:

Dragonlady
27-08-2009, 12:59 PM
We got the vendor to take ours to the local Honda main dealer to be checked over as the dealer already serviced and maintained 3 other NSX's. Cost - £35.

I thought it was better for Honda to check the car we are buying rather than the RAC or AA as my experience is that the majority of them have "limited" knowledge on sports/ super/ exotic cars. Give them a Fiesta and they are fine ;)

sking666
27-08-2009, 01:11 PM
last time i bribed a local mechanic to come with me but i cant drag him down to cornwall with me!:laugh:

DAVEMAT
28-08-2009, 03:18 AM
I thought it was better for Honda to check the car we are buying rather than the RAC or AA as my experience is that the majority of them have "limited" knowledge on sports/ super/ exotic cars. Give them a Fiesta and they are fine ;)

I know where you are coming from, but in my position I didn't have much of an option, and in all fairness it's worked out fine, the report I got was fairly detailed and did pick up a couple of issues which the seller had sorted for me before collection.

The inspection I've just had done on the Jag cost 269 as I'm a member of the RAC, it's 379 for non members.

Cheers

sking666
28-08-2009, 03:05 PM
HA
i thought it was about £80:laugh:

Dragonlady
28-08-2009, 04:57 PM
HA

Thats just for them to take your call ;)

Senninha
28-08-2009, 07:00 PM
HA

I'll do it for £80 but you'd get no come back or assurances :D

Time to pay up if its the car you want or you'll miss this one too ...