PDA

View Full Version : Picked her up at last

Dragonlady
01-09-2009, 05:43 AM
Hi,

We are now proud owners of a NSX :) after collecting her yesterday morning, and what a machine she is.

We had a bit of fun in the morning with fitting 4 new tyres to her with Black Circles initially sending us to a "dodgy" garage in Bedford to have some pre-ordered tyres fitted. However after refusing to have them fitted there I managed to convince Black Circles to release the tyres to me and I had them fitted elsewhere (thank goodness we had gone down in the Fiesta).

My husband drove her most of the way home. however about 10 miles from home I managed to unstick the keys from his hands, and drove her the last 10 miles. "Wow, wow, wow" I am sure is all that the motorists heard as I went past them.

Once home we decided to give her a much needed wash and started to realise that no-one had loved her and was desperately in need of TLC. 6 hours after washing, claying, polishing and bleeding fingers (on my husbands part) the bodywork is now as smooth as a baby's bum. Meanwhile I tackled the exhaust, interior and rubbers. By about 7pm we were exhausted, so I am going to finish the carpets and roof lining this weekend.

Phew what a day, but was well rewarded with another drive last night :). I can see many enjoyable days ahead, needless to say I can see some squabbling over who gets to drive her though :D

Baz
01-09-2009, 09:53 AM
Well done and welcome to NSX ownership. You already know you won't be disappointed! You obviously can't sleep at the moment with the excitement of it all - hewnce the 05.43 posting?!
Hope to meet you at a future event. In the meantime, when you've finished lavishing care on your new baby you can always keep your hand in on mine.

Regards,

Baz

Dragonlady
01-09-2009, 11:14 AM
Well done and welcome to NSX ownership. You already know you won't be disappointed! You obviously can't sleep at the moment with the excitement of it all - hewnce the 05.43 posting?!
Hope to meet you at a future event. In the meantime, when you've finished lavishing care on your new baby you can always keep your hand in on mine.

Regards,

Baz

I wish that it was because of the lack of sleep over the car that I was posting at 05.43, but actually I had to get up at 5am for work and had a spare 5 mins :(

Thanks for the offer of pampering your car, but I think I might pass - hopefully you will understand :)

AR
01-09-2009, 11:39 AM
Congratulations on taking the plunge!:)

amo
01-09-2009, 02:50 PM
congrats hun hope you both enjoy her and the keys get a spair key done and take her when you want lol

thx amo

Dragonlady
01-09-2009, 06:02 PM
congrats hun hope you both enjoy her and the keys get a spair key done and take her when you want lol

thx amo

What do you mean I have the main keys it's the other half that has none :)

Will try and put up some pics later

TheSebringOne
01-09-2009, 10:00 PM
Congratulations on your new P & J! I hope you enjoy many many years of glorious VTEC heaven! :)

02-09-2009, 07:10 AM
May the sleepless nights begin.....when your lying there thinking 'should i take it out for a spin' :) ....and realise your husbands taken it out already!!! lol

Cheers,

Andy

havoc
02-09-2009, 07:27 AM
Congrats!

Which one did you get in the end, and where did you find it? (Was it the silver facelift...and if so did you get a good price from them???)

Dragonlady
02-09-2009, 02:44 PM
Congrats!

Which one did you get in the end, and where did you find it? (Was it the silver facelift...and if so did you get a good price from them???)

It was the silver facelift 52 plate. Got a good price in the end, but now starts the spending.....

Dragonlady
02-09-2009, 09:09 PM
May the sleepless nights begin.....when your lying there thinking 'should i take it out for a spin' :) ....and realise your husbands taken it out already!!! lol

Cheers,

Andy

mmmm...... good point, better go hide the keys then :rolleyes: