PDA

View Full Version : Tracker

Dragonlady
01-09-2009, 06:12 PM
Seriously considering getting one fitted. Have any of you got any experience of them good or bad?

Thanks Sharon

AR
01-09-2009, 07:55 PM
Go for the mobile one that can tell them where it is.

Just my .2p.

Cheers,

Ary

NSX 2000
01-09-2009, 09:18 PM
Seriously considering getting one fitted. Have any of you got any experience of them good or bad?

Thanks Sharon

I had one fitted to my first Subaru and what a waste of time, the tracking company did not know it had been moved once, but it was a pre 2000 Tracker.

The one fitted to my last Subaru was the dogs do dads, it would text you if anything happened to the car [with location and why it was texting you], you could even set a speed limit so it would text you that the speed set had been exceded. It paid for itself when somebody hit her in the company car park and set the alarm off, rec'd text straight away went out side to see spooty youth looking very sheepish in his baby fiat.

Have one fitted to the NSX which includes Sat Nav and concierge service.

TheSebringOne
01-09-2009, 10:28 PM
I would have one fitted for a piece of mind, especially if you don't garaged the car. It gives you cheaper car insurance & easier to sell on with the car. With Tracker, if you sell the car, the new owner can register and still get the protection. If you are on a limited mileage policy with car having to be garaged over night, then the risk are reduced, so a Tracker makes less sense.

Senninha
02-09-2009, 07:21 AM
I would have one fitted for a piece of mind, especially if you don't garaged the car. ......

But first you need to take the car OUT of the garage :laugh:

Not sure what model I have on mine but they called me once when I was working on it. The sensors picked up the vibration of the mop when cutting the paintwork so at least I know its working ...

Congrats on your new baby, looking forward to othe pics

regards, Paul

amo
02-09-2009, 10:14 PM
iv got 1 think its a rac one me thinks had it on from day 1 when the car came to the uk
thx amo

NSXGB
02-09-2009, 11:14 PM
I have one.... 0.29% above the BoE base rate...:)

Have one fitted to the NSX which includes Sat Nav and concierge service.

Any links to this product?

NSX 2000
03-09-2009, 09:49 AM
Any links to this product?

http://www.trafficmaster.co.uk/our_solutions/smartnav-new.php

They install a button (plus a load of bits you can't see) which you press and this puts you through to a call centre/concierge service.

NSXGB
03-09-2009, 10:08 AM
http://www.trafficmaster.co.uk/our_solutions/smartnav-new.php

They install a button (plus a load of bits you can't see) which you press and this puts you through to a call centre/concierge service.

Thanks Paul.